April 20, 2024, 03:40:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Swing Metronome or Clock out? Please? Pretty Please?  (Read 3339 times)

edwardomara

Swing Metronome or Clock out? Please? Pretty Please?
« on: June 19, 2017, 12:43:14 pm »
I've had my Drumbrute for a few days, and I just tried syncing today. My use is Drumbrute as master>>Keystep slave>>Makenoise 0-Coast synthesizer. From what I've read online, I think I can possibly swing the keystep over midi clock? I haven't tried yet. But even if that's the case, it seems crucial to be able to have a voltage output that can swing. If I ever want to run straight from the drumbrute to any analog gear, it would be an absolute necessity. I successfully used the Zap, running on every step, as a trigger, but since the Keystep seems to pass the voltage straight from the sync input to the gate output, the trigger signal had a sloppy attack even with the Zap decay at zero. There are other sounds that might work better, but Zap's the only sound I feel ok about giving up, and even then it's disappointing. Both the metronome and clock outputs work amazingly as triggers, but it seems bizarre to me that neither of them will swing when the Drumbrute is master. It makes it kind of a useless master, and I feel like the drum machine should be master in any live rig. I feel like this must be a fixable issue in a firmware update, since all the sounds are analog but ultimate triggered by digital signals. Thanks so much!

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Swing Metronome or Clock out? Please? Pretty Please?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:51:29 am »
Hi edwardomara,
The Keystep has a swing feature. Why not using it?

Regards,
Yannick.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines