April 16, 2024, 06:52:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Experience with JUP V with Arturia  (Read 3676 times)

monob

Experience with JUP V with Arturia
« on: September 13, 2017, 07:40:31 pm »
My experience with Arturia was did not go so well.
I bought JUP V a few days ago and without any knowledge I downloaded the V3. I run logic pro 9 and it seems that when I installed it my logic pro only reads that it needs JUP V 2 in order for me to use it. As I thought it wasn't a big deal went to download the older version. I find myself across that I cannot use the V2 because my ASC tells me that I need to re purchase in order for me to use it. It was odd because I thought I had purchase the product thus thinking that I have control on what versions I can download. I then contacted Arturia technical support to see if they can help me with this. Step by step they have told me how to install. As i followed every step I come across that the JUP V2 says it still needs to verify. Arturia have told me to deactivate and reactivate in the ASC. When I deactivate the JUP V2 says that the product has been activated. No highlighted activation icon was available. I then tried to contact Arturia for additional help. But of course, no further help for me. 149 wasted on this product. It has been 2-3 days and no help from them. I recommend when buying from this to now go the faqs first and then purchase otherwise you will find yourself in my position seeking help from these people and then not getting any response. Worst experience with them.

LBH

Re: Experience with JUP V with Arturia
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:17:36 pm »
My experience with Arturia was did not go so well.
I bought JUP V a few days ago and without any knowledge I downloaded the V3. I run logic pro 9 and it seems that when I installed it my logic pro only reads that it needs JUP V 2 in order for me to use it. As I thought it wasn't a big deal went to download the older version. I find myself across that I cannot use the V2 because my ASC tells me that I need to re purchase in order for me to use it. It was odd because I thought I had purchase the product thus thinking that I have control on what versions I can download. I then contacted Arturia technical support to see if they can help me with this. Step by step they have told me how to install. As i followed every step I come across that the JUP V2 says it still needs to verify. Arturia have told me to deactivate and reactivate in the ASC. When I deactivate the JUP V2 says that the product has been activated. No highlighted activation icon was available. I then tried to contact Arturia for additional help. But of course, no further help for me. 149 wasted on this product. It has been 2-3 days and no help from them. I recommend when buying from this to now go the faqs first and then purchase otherwise you will find yourself in my position seeking help from these people and then not getting any response. Worst experience with them.
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Are you saying you have owned and used Jupiter V2 from a V-collection prior to V-collection 5 before?
What happens if you use your Jup-V3 in a new DAW project?
What product is the price you mention for?

Keep in mind that Jupiter V2 and Jup V3 are two different applications. I don't think a V2 version when used in a earlier DAW project automaticly is replaced by the V3 version. This i think nust be done manually as the preset system and applications has been changed.
The fact that ASC say you need to purchase the V2 version it's saying you don't own it. Is it on your Arturia account somehow?

Jupiter V2 is'nt needed to run Jup-V3. But to run the V2 you need to have purchased that, and to run Jup-V3 you also must have purchased that. If you just have paid for the V3 version you don't own the V2 version.
To run a V-Collection 5 application upgrade takes a earlier V-collection application to have been purchased and registred on your Arturia account.
If you have paid full price for the newest versions, then you don't need to have owned earlier versions.

I think you need to explain things some more, for me to understand your issue.

Malhomme

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Experience with JUP V with Arturia
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:54:25 pm »
Note that when I bought Cubase, I had an automatic licence for all previous legacy versions.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines