March 29, 2024, 07:43:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Yamaha V50 (4OP Synth Workstation) - Presets Bank  (Read 7267 times)

Despondo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • pixel pusher by day...sound mangler by night...
    • X E N O P I X E L
Yamaha V50 (4OP Synth Workstation) - Presets Bank
« on: December 13, 2017, 03:56:06 pm »
Hello all DX7 V owners. Here is a bank that contains the 100 presets found on the Yamaha V50 synth workstation.

I used MidiQuest 11 Essentials to communicate to the V50 itself and exported the SYSEX patch data one by one to a file. I then used DXconvert-2.3.3 to process the SYSEX file into something the DX7 V understands. I had to manually tweak the ratio values of each of the 4 Operators inside of DX7 V and I had to properly set the wave being used per operator using the MidiQuest window as a guide, but it works.

I compared the sound to the actual V50 as I went, but some of the sounds are slightly different, but passable.

Some of the SFX patches sound a bit different, but I will tweak those over time and reupload.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w9T-CogiYriV4zb5IRe-n2efCIvq7gAJ

I hope you enjoy this bank of vintage patches. I will be converting more and will update this thread here. :)

Marlowes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Yamaha V50 (4OP Synth Workstation) - Presets Bank
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:56:10 pm »
Great work! Thanks a lot!  :D

Looking forward to finding the ultimate "Fulltines" in this thread.  ;)

/BR
Michael in Scania
Stage 2, Lead 2X, some Rolands, some guitars and computers ...

Despondo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • X E N O P I X E L
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 12:08:51 am »
Looking forward to finding the ultimate "Fulltines" in this thread.  ;)

Is this a Yamaha V50 Patch?

Marlowes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:34:07 am »
"Is this a Yamaha V50 Patch?"

I don't know. It was the most over-used and well known patch of the DX7II, as far as I know. The first DX7 had the E.piano_1  patch, but that one is not so bright and Whitney Huston-ish! Anyhow, the Fulltines patch is a must for all DX7 players, IMHO!  ;)

/BR
Michael in Scania

Edit: SynthMania on the DX7 E.PIANO_1 patch
"THE MOST FAMOUS PATCH OF THE '80s!!!!!!!  Used by EVERYBODY, the fabled INT11 preset has become a standard sound (aka "FM piano" in all modern workstations, of all brands.  It was manipulated in many ways, but the typical add-on was a wide chorus, to achieve that polished, professional sound.  Mixed with a regular piano sound, it became the "L.A. piano", a standard for mid-80s ballads." http://www.synthmania.com/dx7.htm
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 10:39:25 am by Marlowes »
Stage 2, Lead 2X, some Rolands, some guitars and computers ...

Summa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 05:49:33 pm »
The DX7II sounds are DX7 Mark I compatible, the Mark I simply ignores the unknown parameter. I guess the epiano sound isn't using the additional PEG Parameters or fractional scaling. If everything fails, importing the DX7 II sound into an DX7 Mark I editor and saving the sysex afterwards should do the trick. 

fartcity

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 08:26:18 pm »
Hello all DX7 V owners. Here is a bank that contains the 100 presets found on the Yamaha V50 synth workstation.

I hope you enjoy this bank of vintage patches. I will be converting more and will update this thread here. :)

Hello Despondo, do you happen to have the original V50 patches you could share as well? My INT battery failed and the original patches don't seem to be hosted anywhere. I'd really appreciate it if you could upload them!!

Despondo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • X E N O P I X E L
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 03:28:13 pm »
Hello Despondo, do you happen to have the original V50 patches you could share as well? My INT battery failed and the original patches don't seem to be hosted anywhere. I'd really appreciate it if you could upload them!!

Hello. I think the factory patches are hard-coded on the chip, but am not sure. At least when I turned on my V50 when my battery died, they were still there. If not, you could try this:

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/faq/keyboards/2585.html

If that doesn't work, I can send you my sysex versions vial email.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines