March 29, 2024, 01:33:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Reporting and suggestions about the display values for Sliders and Knobs.  (Read 2192 times)

LBH

It would be great if the values in the value display actually reflected the values on the GUI when not in Quantize mode.
And if they indicated the right direction.

Example 1: The frequency sliders that go from 55 to 1760 should not be from 0-1 but for example be 220 when set on 220 and 880 when set on 880 and so on.The Low frequency should show similar correct values from (0).17 to 55.
BTW: It's fine the values in quantize mode show the note values. But the High Frequency slider in the Modulation Oscilator are missing this, and the Low Frequency don't show the correct notes.

Example 2: The values on the sliders on the Envelope Generator should be from 10 at the bottom and (0).002 at the top.
As it is now, then the values are 0-1 and also they are currently going in the wrong direction as the highest value is (Should be) at the bottom of those sliders, like the GUI show. It's the same for the Pulser Period slider.

Example 3: The sliders and knobs that go from 0-10 would be nice if the value display showed that, but it's those sliders and knobs that work best with the current 0-1 value.

It's best if the same was reflected in the LEFT HAND modulations.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:11:53 pm by LBH »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Reporting and suggestions about the display values for Sliders and Knobs.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:50:40 pm »
Hi LBH,
i spotted these facts during my first testing. it will be improved on next update but :

for example 1 :
it is hard to get the real values, even on the real hardware! as a proof, Todd Barton's videos for BEMI, when doing a tour of the Music Easel's features, he says : "set the comp osc pitch slider at 220hz, and you'll hear a beautiful A" but what you ear in fact is a D.

sorry but i don't agree with
But the High Frequency slider in the Modulation Oscilator are missing this, and the Low Frequency don't show the correct notes.
the high frequency slider ( second slider from the left, which can also be set to low. Did you by any chance thought the third slider to be the high frequency slider?) shows tooltips corresponding to the quantized note, and the note displayed is the note you hear.  When set on low, the module is acting as an LFO, and therefore cannot be quantized, that's why you don't have other value more than 0.000/1.000 scale.

for examples 2-3 :
you're right on this example. But for these sliders , you can consider the tooltip value to display the position in "height".

As i said earlier, we will work to improve it on next update, but maybe some parts will be very difficult to handle.

Hope it is a bit clearer for you now,
best,

LBH

Re: Reporting and suggestions about the display values for Sliders and Knobs.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 05:29:55 pm »
Hi Germain,
Thanks for your reply.

for example 1 :
it is hard to get the real values, even on the real hardware! as a proof, Todd Barton's videos for BEMI, when doing a tour of the Music Easel's features, he says : "set the comp osc pitch slider at 220hz, and you'll hear a beautiful A" but what you ear in fact is a D.
Okay. I did'nt know that. But does that mean when i set it to 220 Hz then it's not?  i think 220 Hz is used in an example in the manual.

sorry but i don't agree with
But the High Frequency slider in the Modulation Oscilator are missing this, and the Low Frequency don't show the correct notes.
the high frequency slider ( second slider from the left, which can also be set to low. Did you by any chance thought the third slider to be the high frequency slider?) shows tooltips corresponding to the quantized note, and the note displayed is the note you hear.  When set on low, the module is acting as an LFO, and therefore cannot be quantized, that's why you don't have other value more than 0.000/1.000 scale.
Yes my mistake on this one.

for examples 2-3 :
you're right on this example. But for these sliders , you can consider the tooltip value to display the position in "height".
Yes i can. But "Height" mentally and usually point towards something is more or higher. This should not be difficult to change.
It should'nt be hard to have values from 0 to 10 either. But i don't know if this also is'nt accurate on the original.

Hi LBH,
i spotted these facts during my first testing. it will be improved on next update but:

As i said earlier, we will work to improve it on next update, but maybe some parts will be very difficult to handle.
Then we don't disagree  :)

Best
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:57:13 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines