March 28, 2024, 08:10:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 6616 times)

gregwalton42

Noise
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:27:18 pm »
I've only tried the presets in Analog Lab 3 but quite a lot of them have excessive amounts of noise (hiss). In an completely virtual instrument can't this be avoided?

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: Noise
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:30:48 pm »
I guess a real Clavinet can suffer from noise. With the Arturia version, you can open up the lid and adjust the pickup noise knob to reduce or eliminate the noise.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:26:59 pm »
Hi all,
indeed some preset have some noise, but you have the pickup noise knob, under clavinet's lid , as cc4 said.
in analog lab 3, browsing with a keylab essential, i have this knob directly on Analog lab 3 GUI keyboard on a slider.
What controller are you using for controlling analog lab 3?

best,

gregwalton42

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 05:38:39 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I had just run through presets in AL3 and hadn't noticed the "pickup noise" slider (perhaps the small grey text isn't so good for my old eyes). I should have known it was attention to detail in the modelling.

Having had a Clavinet forty-something years ago can I ask that you please don't model the "breaking string" feature of the original  ;)

andy_v

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 04:57:24 pm »
Hi all, hope you don't mind me reviving this old topic, but I've just started using Analog Lab V and can't see a way to turn off the clavinet pickup noise - am I missing something, or is it no longer adjustable without the full version of Clavinet V?

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 01:07:19 pm »
Hi andy_v !
Sadly you can't edit the synth parameters in Analog Lab if you don't own the full version of said synth.
You can only browse and tweak presets in the studio view of Analog Lab.
I'm sorry about this.
Cheers!
QA Technician

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines