April 19, 2024, 10:33:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Piano V2 crashes Sometimes  (Read 6483 times)

Christian_S

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[SOLVED] Piano V2 crashes Sometimes
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:39:52 pm »
Piano V2 crashes Sometimes …

My Equipment:
Piano V2 V2.0.0.1183
MacOS 10.13.2 (17C88)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:48:51 am by Germain.arturia »

LBH

Re: Piano V2 crashes Sometimes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 04:41:32 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I only have the demo version. But yes i have exsperienced this too on some presets- The presets was all using Tack Upright model. Then i selected the different models for a preset, and after that it did'nt crash. But something seems to be unstable. Perhaps i will exsperience crash again.
Also if you change presets while presing keys or something like that, it might crash.

I'm on Windows 10 Creators Fall.

Jake Johnson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 04:59:22 pm »
I'm getting crashes too. Seems to occur when I try to change to one of the upright presets, from what I can tell.

stefano

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:57:14 pm »
I found the same problem too: it sometimes crashes when accessing piano tuck models....

jackn2mpu

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 07:14:52 pm »

I only have the demo version. But yes i have exsperienced this too on some presets- The presets was all using Tack Upright model. Then i selected the different models for a preset, and after that it did'nt crash. But something seems to be unstable. Perhaps i will exsperience crash again.
Also if you change presets while presing keys or something like that, it might crash.

Are you seeing this in Analog Lab 3 standalone or what? Not had any crashes (yet).
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 07:52:45 pm »

Are you seeing this in Analog Lab 3 standalone or what? Not had any crashes (yet).
Why not ask the OP or in generel?

I assume that us who have posted here in Piano V2 forum have used Piano V2 either as a stand alone or as a plugin or both. I used the stand alone.

If i was using Analog Lab 3, then i would have posted in Analog Lab 3 forum.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:02:33 pm by LBH »

jackn2mpu

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:40:12 pm »

Why not ask the OP or in generel?

I assume that us who have posted here in Piano V2 forum have used Piano V2 either as a stand alone or as a plugin or both. I used the stand alone.

If i was using Analog Lab 3, then i would have posted in Analog Lab 3 forum.
I asked you because you're the one that posted about sometimes having crash issues so I figured you could answer the question. You weren't clear how you used it. What's so bad about asking?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 10:10:37 pm »
We all had reported about crashes. That's the threads topic.
Nothing bad in asking. But why me personally? Your answer to that can apply to all of us. So why not ask in generel?

jackn2mpu

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 11:17:44 pm »
We all had reported about crashes. That's the threads topic.
Nothing bad in asking. But why me personally? Your answer to that can apply to all of us. So why not ask in generel?
If there's nothing wrong in asking why are you being such a snot about this? I already told you why I asked you.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Jake Johnson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 09:25:48 am »
I should have made it clear that I'm getting the crashes in the stand-alone version. Haven't tried it in a DAW yet. It happens as soon as I double-click on a preset name. The screen freezes and the preset page will not close.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 03:15:01 pm »
`Hey Guys

This issue should be resolvable:

The following instructions will explain how to delete the plugins prefs files to potentially fix the issue faced:

1) Go to the concerned plugin folder:
a) Open Finder
b) Press: Cmd + Shift + G
c) Type : /Library/Arturia/
> And click on Go.
d) Select the concerned product and open it's "tmp" folder

2) Once you are in the temp folder, you will see numerous files.

Delete all the ones you can find.
It will reset your plug-in's preferences and potentially solve your issue.
(Please note that it won't harm your installation as these files are automatically re-created on start.)

It should get you rid of this crash.
DGDGDGDGDG

Christian_S

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 04:28:17 pm »
`Hey Guys

This issue should be resolvable:

The following instructions will explain how to delete the plugins prefs files to potentially fix the issue faced:

1) Go to the concerned plugin folder:
a) Open Finder
b) Press: Cmd + Shift + G
c) Type : /Library/Arturia/
> And click on Go.
d) Select the concerned product and open it's "tmp" folder

2) Once you are in the temp folder, you will see numerous files.

Delete all the ones you can find.
It will reset your plug-in's preferences and potentially solve your issue.
(Please note that it won't harm your installation as these files are automatically re-created on start.)

It should get you rid of this crash.

Nope, it still crashes! :'(
See attached file for system report.

channel0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • people who play live life to the fullest
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:58 am »
Hope this helps identifying the problem.
I also tried clearing the tmp folder (in windows10 it's C:\Program Data\Arturia\PianoV2\tmp), to no avail.
The crash occurs in standalone mode when changing piano tuning from American Grand to any upright model. Changing from American Grand to the other grands works fine.

The crash does NOT occur when changing presets from American init to any other preset. Changing to any other tuning -upright or grand- from that preset, works fine.

Once you have done this, changing the tuning to upright from American Grand works like a charm, even when going back to American init preset and changing the tuning from there.
I closed and restarted the program, and the crash no longer occurs when changing tuning from American Grand to any other tuning, while staying within the American init preset.
My guess is changing the American init preset to any other preset before changing the American Grand tuning to any upright solves the problem.

So it is a bug IMHO, but one that can be easily resolved.

EDIT: In my DAW (Bitwig2.2.2, 64bit) the above solution did not work initially. Changing tuning from American Grand to any upright crashes the plugin. Changing to any other grand works fine. Changing presets from American init to any upright preset also crashes the plugin, changing presets to any grand preset works fine.
But, changing to upright presets or tuning, starting from any grand preset other than American init, solves the problem. Returning to American init after doing this lets you load upright tunings and presets.
The problem re-occurs when closing Bitwig and restarting Piano V2 in a new project and in a saved project.

best regards
Peter

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:42:03 am by channel0 »
Arturia Laboratory 61 AE, V-collection 6, Beatstep, Beatstep Pro, Drumbrute, Bitwig2.1, windows 10

Jake Johnson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:03 pm »
...The crash occurs in standalone mode when changing piano tuning from American Grand to any upright model. Changing from American Grand to the other grands works fine.

The crash does NOT occur when changing presets from American init to any other preset. Changing to any other tuning -upright or grand- from that preset, works fine...

best regards
Peter

This solution works for me in the Windows standalone version, too: From the American init preset, I can change to any other preset, including the uprights, without crashing. And as Peter reports, if I first change from the American init preset to another preset, and then try to load one of the uprights, Piano V 2 always crashes. Not a random event. Without fail, it crashes, in the sense of hanging up: the Preset page will not close, and the only way that I can get out of the freeze is to open Task Manager and manually stop the executable file for Piano V 2.

But I'm not sure why you use the term "tuning" in describing the problem and solution, Peter. Is this a hidden command or switch that you are seeing by looking below the surface, so to speak, but which doesn't appear if one just uses the default interface?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:27:00 pm by Jake Johnson »

LBH

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 08:51:08 pm »
As i see it, then the only thing that seems to be the same every time crashes occour, it is when shifting to a upright piano. Things seems to be unstable in a random way.
It can also happen whwn shifting to a upright model in a preset.
Deleting Prefs, re-installing Piano V2 or anything else don't seem to change anything. The application crashes both as standalone and as VST3 i Studio One Pro.
Windows 10 Creators Fall.
Piano V2 Demo.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines