March 28, 2024, 04:24:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why no parallel install and more...?  (Read 1571 times)

LBH

Why no parallel install and more...?
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:31:23 pm »
I would like to keep my Analog Lab 2, when installing Analog 3, just like i could keep my Analog Lab when i installed Analog Lab 2.
I can't open my Piano V in Analog Lab 3 it looks like. Why not?

I have'nt tried to  change install path my self. Is that possible, and then keep both?

pl arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Re: Why no parallel install and more...?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 09:58:35 am »
Hello LBH,
Analog Lab 1 and Analog Lab 2 dont share the same vst id, that's why you can have both in parallel, but you cant open a project using Analog Lab 1 with Analog Lab 2.

Analog Lab 2 and Analog Lab 3 shared the same vst id, so that all projects done with Analog Lab 2 can be opened by Analog Lab 3.
Users presets are also automatically available into Analog Lab 3.
And consequently, you can't have both installed in parallel.

Hope it helps,
PL

LBH

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:45:31 pm »
Hi pl arturia,

Yes that i have figured out as i use automap, and the map for AL2 is'nt deleted at AL3 install. So because AL2 and 3 share IDs, then i had to remove AL2 automap my self before AL3 became availble in my DAW Studio One Pro.
(Sharing of IDs can be a problem, if one actually like to keep the old applications, while also use the new. I don't like this ID sharing. It can mess up old projects too. The problem is the same with VST3 and 2. In Studio One you can't have both avilble if they share the same ID like Arturias plugins does.)

Don't the updated VC5 plug-ins work in Analog Lab 2? Are you saying that VC5 in a way is'nt being updated, but left alone with it's bugs?

Is one forced to update to Analog Lab 3, if one update the VC5 plug-ins, and thus not being able to use Piano V from VC5, if one wan't to be able to open updated individual applications inside an Analog Lab?

I think it somehow should be possible to use Piano V in an Analog Lab, while also being able to have Analog Lab 3.
The best way is parallel install of ALs.

How to be able to have a Analog Lab where Piano V can be edited inside with updated VC5 applications, and also have Analog Lab 3?

Best

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:48:08 pm by LBH »

pl arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 10:56:34 am »
Hi LHB,

Analog Lab 3 is installed with all updated version of the instruments.
You need to upgrade AL2 to AL3 to have the benefit of instruments improvements and bugfixes into Analog Lab.
Upgrading your VC5 intrument only will not make any change into Analog Lab 2. (But you can still use it as individual instrument)

We decided to process Piano presets with the Piano V2 into Analog Lab 3, to give the user the best sound possible.
BTW, you're right and we need to find a better solution to be able to use Piano V sound + gui into Analog Lab 3 for owner of Piano V.

I'm adding it to the issues list, and will try to provide a solution on this problem soon.
PL

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 02:38:28 pm »
Hi PL Arturia,

Thanks for your reply.

I have upgraded to VC6 now. But i think it should be possible to use Piano V in an analog Lab and at least use it together with updated VC5 applications, while also having Analog Lab 3 as there are new stuff inside. If one will be able to use Piano V in Analog Lab 3, then that's a solution this time.

No doubt Piano V2 have some better sounds than Piano V. But still.

Best
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:44:57 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines