March 28, 2024, 04:16:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Please don't force us to choose "default controller" just to re-assign midi  (Read 2690 times)

SunBro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey all, downloaded the analog lab 3 last night, love the ui, not much time to try out the new stuff but i noticed i can only re-assign midi if i choose "default controller" at the bottom section. I have a minilab mkII (but i have the full analog lab license) and unless i go ahead and pick default controller, i simply can't reassign midi since the midi plug button only appears with default controller selected instead of mk2. Please make it like it was in analog lab2. Please make midi functions re-assignable n-o m-a-t-t-e-r w-h-a-t

Seeing faders instead of knobs and having unused faders sit on my screen irritates me to hell.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
HI, when you have an arturia controller you can choose your midi assign from the dropdown when you click on a control knob.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

SunBro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yes but you can't assign anything to the up leftmost knob unless you choose defaul controller first. It only works to travel around synth and preset selection.

Anyways, it's been a busy week for me so not much time spent on music but on the upside, next time you boot analog lab, it detects your previous midi selection without you having to select "default controller" from the bottom section. So, no more unused faders on my screen :)

I always use the up leftmost knob for volume. Always. I respect arturia's decision of making it a preset selection knob but please make the midi plug button always visible no matter what.

pl arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Hi,

As you already noticed, moving into Default Controller gives you access to the Midi Config.
You can then modify the midi mapping as you want, and it will be saved as a preference. On the next start with Minilab MKII connected, you will have the overloaded config you have just set.

You can also use the following command: Pressing Shift + Turning the up leftmost knob will change the Volume.

This gives you the ability to use your controller as you want.

BTW, I thank you for your feedback on this topic:
after running several Users Tests, we have decided to hide the Midi Config option when using an Arturia Controller to improve the ease of use and the lisibility of Analog Lab 3.
We will continue to perform more users tests to find the best option.

PL

DaveWT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I have experienced SunBro's frustration too.

As a whole the Analog lab 3 is an excellent platform and I look forward to using it, however by using the 'default' controller setting in order to have my own choice of midi assignments I have lost the LCD screen on my Keylab 88's functionality to display the preset names and category. Incidentally I have also lost the category selector's ability to select a category in this mode.

In the meantime I suppose I will have to reprogram all of my Mainstage midi assignments to match the default Keylab88 midi assignments so that I can get through a gig which includes the use of Analog lab 3 - not ideal!

ed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I don't mind having to change to default to edit my config because I don't do it that often.

What I did find hard was reading the manual and not understanding that the little MIDI icon in the top right corner only appears in default mode.

Took a lot of hunting to find that out.

Otherwise, I love this software - esp with KEYLAB Essential

Ed

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines