March 28, 2024, 06:58:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: beatstep won't sync  (Read 4885 times)

hula hula

beatstep won't sync
« on: December 06, 2017, 06:31:17 pm »
Hello,
Just got my beatstep. Use it (intend to !) with a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.12 (sierra). I just get the message " Failed to open device", and it also cannot read the firmware revision.
The MCC tells the beatstep is connected . MCC detects if I disconnect it, and it reappears on the connected device list when I plug it in, but it obviously does not communicate.
The midi audio setup sees it, and in test mode, when i hit a pad, the triangle on MAS turns on.
no other software running, except mcc, all usb devices disconnected.
I tried with all usb ports on my mac, tried with 3 cables, rebooted the mac of course a few times, tried on another macbook, with absolutely no success. MCC won't talk to the beatstep.
Help please!!
Thanks

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: beatstep won't sync
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:09:19 pm »
Hi go to audio midi setup and delete the 2 beat step  drivers and plug it in again make sure the drivers are named after . try again.

do you have a beat step or a bsp?

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

hula hula

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:59:55 pm »
Thank you so much. It did the trick.
it's a beat step.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 03:04:12 pm »
Thats good news Enjoy
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Black Plastic

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 04:08:15 pm »
I seem to have a similar problem under win7. After having decided on a physical USB setup, I uninstalled and reinstalled. MCC communicated with my BeatStep without problems, I then closed it and opened my DAW and everything was fine. After that, I wanted to tweak something, so I closed down my DAW, then opened MCC again, and I was back to being unable to sync.

Am I going to have to uninstall and re-install my BeatStep every time I want to use MCC?

EDIT: Figured it out. Turns out Windows MIDI gets confused when I turn off the Windows Audio service in order to run software ASIO. With the service on, everything works fine.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:14:46 pm by Black Plastic »

balideger

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 09:29:01 am »
Hi! I have same issue. the beatstep say connected but not sync.. If i push sync button an error message appear and say "The device has been disconnected. what should i do now?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines