March 28, 2024, 12:13:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V6 Upgrade.  (Read 32115 times)

vaikl

Re: V6 Upgrade.
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2018, 12:49:00 am »
Nope, it's you who are wrong. The €99 upgrade price wasn't originally for the v4 to v5 upgrade (that was originally €199), it was for the v4 to v4 update. this was a special update that only included the updated versions of the instruments that were included with V4 (but not the new instruments from V5).

As I've said, after a some of months, Arturia offered a €99 update from v4 to v5. That's why we may very well get a €99 upgrade this time as-well, when Arturia realizes that they lost sales, by alienating it's customers, one time and have repeated the same mistake again.

Come on, don't play the fool. We're not talking about an intermediate V5 to V5 update. The original mail for the V5 announcement was send on 19/05/16 with "We are thrilled to announce the V Collection 5!" and an introductory offer: "For a limited time, we’re introducing the new V Collection 5 at just 399€ before it goes to 499€. If you’re already an Arturia customer, you may also qualify for a great upgrade offer. Check it out!"

Checking out your Arturia account you found a 149,- offer with an 50,- rebate, making a 99,- deal *immediately* after this mail. Sorry, but I archive such mails and bills, see attached.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:56:11 am by vaikl »

machinesworking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2018, 11:29:12 am »
I don't think it's a matter of time, because Arturia already has pinned the upgrade offer on the wall - as they did with the earlier version jumps. And as before there will be no second, MUCH lower price round, that would be a slap in the face of customers who made an early bird upgrade for 199.
You can do it as you like, Arturia has put themselves in a marketing dilemma, where customers will leave because the upgrade price is too high or because they have payed too much as an early bird. Good shot in the knee, Arturia!
  Arturia definitely eventually offered a better price on V Collection 5 after some time. It's what NI does every single time, Ableton Live are offering a 20% discount on upgrading to 10 right now, and in a year they will offer 25-30% off upgrading. To really sink this in, I upgraded to V-Collection 4 from a copy of Spark Dubstep bought for 99’ on a Musicians Friend "Stupid Deal of the Day™" for a grand total of $99.

And to stop this nonsense about Arturia only sold V-Collection 5 for $199 and never went lower this happened after I bought it for $199.
I'm not angry about it, the new GUIs were sorely needed, but here is proof V-Collection 5 was indeed offered for $99. https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/GXbeGr0.png

vaikl

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2018, 12:21:26 pm »
Back to the discussion, it's not a matter of selling the V6 collection/upgrade for a discount price *sometime* in future, but for respecting your customers with a reasonable upgrade policy *anytime* and especially when a new version arrives.
That's what Steinberg cost a bunch of former loyal customers when they had doubled their typically announced upgrade price into new "x.5" version slices instead of full numbers, and that's what all the other companies costs customers when they break with long established price practice without any logical reason.

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2018, 01:25:06 pm »
That's what Steinberg cost a bunch of former loyal customers when they had doubled their typically announced upgrade price into new "x.5" version slices instead of full numbers,
Once again, you don't know what you're talking about! For many years, Steinberg has released yearly upgrades. Every second year they release a full number x.0 upgrade for €99 and every other year they release an X.5 upgrade for €49. These X.5 upgrades are far more substantial than "normal" X.5 updates.

That makes an average update cost of €75,5 for Cubase Pro. Compare that to Arturias upgrade cost to €199-399! Most Steinberg users are pleased with their upgrade pricing model. I don't think that anyone appreciates Arturias greedy model, to Arturias peril.

Once again, get your facts straight (you sound like Trump). Steinberg hasn't raised the upgrade costs. They have lowered them. And in the process shortened the wait for new versions with new features.

vaikl

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2018, 03:19:07 pm »
Svenne, if i sound like Trump then you sound like Sean Spicer ;D
The permanent, chargeable change between integer version numbers and the x.5 decimal versions was introduced with Cubase 6 and 6.5 in 2011/12. Given the fact that the full 9 version only adds unwanted features or features which are long time included in most of the other DAWs, makes the 9.5 version a full integer jump from 8.5 for 149€/$ and that's in the reach of Arturias irrational 199 - or vice versa, if you like.

But that discussion leads to nowhere, so i'm off now.

machinesworking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2018, 07:04:43 am »
Back to the discussion, it's not a matter of selling the V6 collection/upgrade for a discount price *sometime* in future, but for respecting your customers with a reasonable upgrade policy *anytime* and especially when a new version arrives.
That's what Steinberg cost a bunch of former loyal customers when they had doubled their typically announced upgrade price into new "x.5" version slices instead of full numbers, and that's what all the other companies costs customers when they break with long established price practice without any logical reason.
  Plug in developers almost always eventually offer better prices for the upgrade in the future, Arturia, NI, pretty much everyone eventually offers a better deal. If anyone thinks that this doesn't happen and gets mad about it later, they're not paying attention, period.
The upgrade from v4 to v5 was €199, which turned to €399. A couple of months later it turned to €99.

That's wrong. The Upgrade for 99$/€ was announced via Email to V-customers a week after they officially started to promote V5. And that's why you won't get a 99 upgrade this time.

It was almost a year later that the $99 upgrade was offered.
What you describe would cause a lot bigger upset among customers including myself who paid $199 for the upgrade within the first week it came out, I wasn't upset because it happened a year later and that's a reasonable amount of time to wait to draw in customers who weren't happy paying $199.

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2018, 02:56:39 pm »
It was almost a year later that the $99 upgrade was offered.
Correction! As far as I've been able to figure out, by Googling, V Collection 5 was released late May, 2016. I bought the €99 upgrade on November 18th. Minutes after I received the email, announcing the "deal". That's closer to 6 months, than a year.

If history is anything to go by, we can expect a €99 "deal" some time in June. Probably sooner, since this very thread is clear proof that an increasing number of customers won't fall for the same pricing scam twice.

bondsong

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2018, 08:26:35 pm »
Im definitely not upgrading at the current price. It’s not worth it to me. I think Arturia has misread the interest of their existing client base. The products are very good but the asking price is too high.

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2018, 05:28:50 am »
If and when the upgrade price from V5 to V6 drops to $99... I'll purchase it. 

In  the meantime - the Analog Lab 3 update gave me the new instrument presets from V6... with pretty great editing capabilities from my Laboratory keyboard, with important timbre adjustments pre-mapped.  I can wait for the update.  TBH .. I don't do a whole heck of a lot of editing beyond filter, res, envelopes and effects.. All those for the new sounds are editable.  So.. wait I will. 

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2018, 02:04:09 pm »
I see that Arturia has raised the upgrade fee to €249! That's the wrong way to go, as this thread clearly shows!

jackn2mpu

« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2018, 02:40:29 pm »
I see that Arturia has raised the upgrade fee to €249! That's the wrong way to go, as this thread clearly shows!
That higher price is what the actual upgrade price was supposed to be as the $199 was a limited-time offer. But agreed though - stupid move on Arturia's part. Somehow I get the feeling we're being played the fool in a Dickensian play - please kind sirs may we have higher prices  :P
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Doc911

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2018, 09:29:27 pm »
Yeah, the $199 V6 upgrade price is crazy. And that's only if you get it on sale! If I go to their website now, the upgrade price is $499! Yeah, that makes total sense!

I've upgraded through every V Collections version, I even bought the individual instruments before the V Collection. So I think I've already made a reasonable contribution to their software development. No need to fleece me now. The last two upgrades were $99 (from V4 to V5 and from V3 to V4). That's a reasonable price for an upgrade. It's baffling that they have now doubled that price. Especially since the new instruments are less attractive than last time. I guess I'm stuck stick with V5.  :(

jackn2mpu

« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2018, 10:09:30 pm »
The Buchla means nothing to me. Let's face it - who really gives a rat's ass about it?

Been waiting for a decent Fairlight emulation and this one is close but not quite there (I had access to a real one back in the day just like the Synclavier). The only other one is the DX7 emulation and I like it better than what NI has in the FM8 but it sure ain't worth $199.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

andyjh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2018, 03:00:29 am »
The Buchla means nothing to me. Let's face it - who really gives a rat's ass about it?

I'm glad someone else said that, as I feel exactly the same.

andyjh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2018, 09:52:41 pm »
Ok,  here is my pledge to Arturia,  offer the V5 - V6 upgrade for 99 Euros (as that is what I have paid for all previous V-Collection upgrades) and I will buy it,  but at 199 Euros - it will never happen,

If enough people make the same pledge,  maybe Arturia will see what they are missing.

OK, it was a year ago, I said at 99 Euros I would buy it,  and finally Arturia have offered it at that - staying true to my word - I have bought it.

Shame the Matrix 12V still doesn't work right....   oh well, can't have it all...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines