March 28, 2024, 03:25:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V6 Upgrade.  (Read 32118 times)

vaikl

Re: V6 Upgrade.
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2018, 11:43:55 pm »
The previous upgrade of V4 to V5 was also €199

I got mine for 99,-€ ("..a giant leap forward in every way..", "..enhanced all the landmark V Collection modeled classic instruments..", "..added five new iconic keyboards, and dramatically upgraded Analog Lab", they wrote in their promotion mails in may '16). And the official prices were the same as today (499€ and 399€ as introducing price).

Where did you search for your deals???

maxdamage

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2018, 11:45:59 pm »

I got mine for 99,-€ ("..a giant leap forward in every way..", "..enhanced all the landmark V Collection modeled classic instruments..", "..added five new iconic keyboards, and dramatically upgraded Analog Lab", they wrote in their promotion mails in may '16). And the official prices were the same as today (499€ and 399€ as introducing price).

So did I. Check my previous post. ;)

jackn2mpu

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2018, 11:50:17 pm »
The previous upgrade of V4 to V5 was also €199 so allowing for inflation it must be a good price. I contacted Arturia and their reply was that this is as good a price  as it will be due to the cost, time and effort invested in development.  Can't say fairer than that! That leaves 4 options...take your pick. :)
Actually that upgrade price dropped later in the year the upgrade came out. Audio Deluxe had it at $150US so it can and does happen. Arturia is blowing smoke up people's asses with this 'deal'. You want to play the fool and spend the money - that's up to you. There are those of us who've been around a lot longer and say enough is enough.

True. I got it for $99 so well worth the wait.
I remember that now; I know it actually dropped a couple of times - the first to $150 and then the $100 (I round up the numbers but you know what I mean).
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

jackn2mpu

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2018, 11:58:55 pm »

Keep your eyes open for deals from Audio Deluxe - members there can get some awesome deals.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

maxdamage

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2018, 12:01:56 am »
The previous upgrade of V4 to V5 was also €199 so allowing for inflation it must be a good price. I contacted Arturia and their reply was that this is as good a price  as it will be due to the cost, time and effort invested in development.  Can't say fairer than that! That leaves 4 options...take your pick. :)
Actually that upgrade price dropped later in the year the upgrade came out. Audio Deluxe had it at $150US so it can and does happen. Arturia is blowing smoke up people's asses with this 'deal'. You want to play the fool and spend the money - that's up to you. There are those of us who've been around a lot longer and say enough is enough.

True. I got it for $99 so well worth the wait.
I remember that now; I know it actually dropped a couple of times - the first to $150 and then the $100 (I round up the numbers but you know what I mean).

I know what you mean and I agree with you. It just pisses me when a company I have been a customer of since before the 'V' collection looks to deceive with stuff like promising this is the best price you will ever get! when we know that down the line the price will drop in a sale. Introductory price is fine but please don't take us for fools Arturia.

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2018, 12:09:30 am »
it will be due to the cost, time and effort invested in development.
How does Arturia plan to finance further development, when their loyal customers stop buying their products? Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:43:53 am by Svenne »

vaikl

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2018, 12:11:37 am »
It just pisses me when a company I have been a customer of since before the 'V' collection looks to deceive with stuff like promising this is the best price you will ever get! when we know that down the line the price will drop in a sale. Introductory price is fine but please don't take us for fools Arturia.

AFAIR it took just a week from the official announcement of V5 to the "special" V4 upgrade prices they had for us customers. This year there's no "special" upgrade price and Arturia isn't saying that there will be one. 199 is a doubling in one and a half years - good Jesus :o

jackn2mpu

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2018, 01:39:18 am »
it will be due to the cost, time and effort invested in development.
I wonder how Arturia plan to finance further development, when their loyal customers stop buying their products? Any ideas?
There will always be the lemmings who will jump off the cliff to buy the latest whatever it is and in this case I firmly believe this is what Arturia is counting. Not happening here. Especially for half-baked s/w; the Fairlight could have been killer but Arturia cheaped out on it like they did the Synclavier. The only real star is the DX7 emulation and even then there are some things that makes those of us who had a real DX7 scratch our heads.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

StudioAnnur

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2018, 07:31:49 am »
Not sure if this is the right thread. Arturia offered V5 users an upgrade from V5 to V6 for $199 (USD). This was confirmed both by email and in My Arturia account. Yet when I clicked on the link for the special offer upgrade it charged me full price without subtracting the discount. I have been attempting to upgrade since Jan 7 (when I got the 'final notice') using the special offer to no avail. (As I understood, the offer was to run through Jan 10). I had no problem upgrading from V4 to V5. If I have to pay full price ($399 USD for the downloaded version of V6), then I am no longer interested in doing business with this company. It isn’t right to put up a link for a $199 special offer when there is none.😠
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:14:29 am by StudioAnnur »

machinesworking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2018, 09:49:44 pm »
  So my $199 offer is now $249. I almost bit last night, I do like the new synths, but there are a lot of things lately that have taken my money software wise, upgrades to Live 10, iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced for instance that are more in the realm of need than want.I do not believe for a second that the now $249 upgrade will be the lowest price I can get it from now on. It's obvious a lot of people didn't buy because it was perceived as too high, so IMO it's a waiting game, Summer sale, or Black Friday next year I'm betting V6 goes on sale for $149 or so.

I get why U-He don't do sales when you run into things like this, it's obvious it's a matter of time before V6 gets bellow $199, so it's frustrating to people to feel like they have to wait.

maxdamage

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2018, 10:18:59 pm »
  So my $199 offer is now $249. I almost bit last night, I do like the new synths, but there are a lot of things lately that have taken my money software wise, upgrades to Live 10, iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced for instance that are more in the realm of need than want.I do not believe for a second that the now $249 upgrade will be the lowest price I can get it from now on. It's obvious a lot of people didn't buy because it was perceived as too high, so IMO it's a waiting game, Summer sale, or Black Friday next year I'm betting V6 goes on sale for $149 or so.

I get why U-He don't do sales when you run into things like this, it's obvious it's a matter of time before V6 gets bellow $199, so it's frustrating to people to feel like they have to wait.
I think U-He have done at least one sale but that is extremely rare but what they do do is look at your previous custom and may well offer a discount on a new purchase based on what you already own. Just contact them. I know as I have done it. If you don't ask then you won't get. Arturia said no! :(

vaikl

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2018, 10:28:08 pm »

I don't think it's a matter of time, because Arturia already has pinned the upgrade offer on the wall - as they did with the earlier version jumps. And as before there will be no second, MUCH lower price round, that would be a slap in the face of customers who made an early bird upgrade for 199.
You can do it as you like, Arturia has put themselves in a marketing dilemma, where customers will leave because the upgrade price is too high or because they have payed too much as an early bird. Good shot in the knee, Arturia!

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2018, 11:17:02 pm »
And as before there will be no second, MUCH lower price round, that would be a slap in the face of customers who made an early bird upgrade for 199.
Why not? Arturia has done it before. The upgrade from v4 to v5 was €199, which turned to €399. A couple of months later it turned to €99. That's when I upgraded! I wonder how many loyal customers Arturia lost to the piracy market then, and how many more they will loose this time?

vaikl

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2018, 11:26:56 pm »
The upgrade from v4 to v5 was €199, which turned to €399. A couple of months later it turned to €99.

That's wrong. The Upgrade for 99$/€ was announced via Email to V-customers a week after they officially started to promote V5. And that's why you won't get a 99 upgrade this time.

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2018, 12:13:20 am »
The upgrade from v4 to v5 was €199, which turned to €399. A couple of months later it turned to €99.

That's wrong. The Upgrade for 99$/€ was announced via Email to V-customers a week after they officially started to promote V5. And that's why you won't get a 99 upgrade this time.
Nope, it's you who are wrong. The €99 upgrade price wasn't originally for the v4 to v5 upgrade (that was originally €199), it was for the v4 to v4 update. this was a special update that only included the updated versions of the instruments that were included with V4 (but not the new instruments from V5).

As I've said, after a some of months, Arturia offered a €99 update from v4 to v5. That's why we may very well get a €99 upgrade this time as-well, when Arturia realizes that they lost sales, by alienating it's customers, one time and have repeated the same mistake again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines