March 29, 2024, 02:38:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: So you want to "milk" us on yet another €199? Don't think so!  (Read 8310 times)

Kwerker2009

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
So you want to "milk" us on yet another €199? Don't think so!
« on: December 05, 2017, 10:15:05 pm »
How do you think at Arturia?
OK, I'm willing to pay €99 for this VC 6 update/upgrade. I'm a customer since your VERY early days and I know you have costs developing new plug-ins. Nevertheless, €199 from VC5 to VC6 is an insult! Don't insult us users, please. Think, and think again. Spark 2... let me remind you. I say no more.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:40:24 am by Kwerker2009 »

vaikl

Re: So you want to "milk" us on yet another €199? Don't think so!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:22:21 pm »
"V Collection 6 is the latest chapter in Arturia’s never-ending love.." for our money >:(
No, Arturia, this time you have maxed out our patience and loyalty. I don't need a 5K monitor gimmick :P :P

gregwalton42

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 11:56:40 pm »
If we can keep the VC5 instruments we have and get bug-fixes then that's fine. If they are going to be shelved and updates only go to the mugs who buy VC6 then I'm disappointed - I have no interest in the new instruments. The DX sounded horrible (like the singers of the time, too much exciter). The Clavinet is available on every keyboard and seldom of much use. The Fairlight is just a sampler, and it sounds like you can't sample with the Arturia version. The Buchla might be a bit different but I don't know - very few people do. So €200 for stuff I don't want is too much

andyjh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 12:18:59 am »
I agree with what has been said already,  No Arturia - €199 is way too high for VC5 owners,

It would be nice if you could get Matrix12V to actually work properly first,

You're not getting my money for this either

mykejb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:31:04 am »
There were just a bunch of update to the V5 collection - mainly bug fixes I think, plus the lab was upgraded from version 2 to version 3.  The upgrade ignored my VST paths though and put them in the wrong place so watch out for that if you upgrade

Mike

SMITTY BOY

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 03:15:10 am »
I just purchased the collection Nov 4th.  Literally a month later I have to pay $199 for an update when I could've easily waited and got the collection for $399? wow...

onlyleura

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 07:32:58 am »
I just purchased the collection Nov 4th.  Literally a month later I have to pay $199 for an update when I could've easily waited and got the collection for $399? wow...

You might want to get in touch with Arturia Sales, because I've seen reps replying to customers on Facebook that are in your same situation, telling them to get in touch because they could have a solution for those very recent purchasers of V Collection 5.

onlyleura

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 07:39:54 am »
Actually, I think it's kind of nice that the $199 launch special is also available to those still at V4 and V4 Update, and have never upgraded to V5. I never bought the 5 new instruments that came with V5. So for $199 I can add the latest versions of those, plus the 4 new instruments in V6, plus the updates for all the other instruments. That's a pretty darn good upgrade path for me!

vastdynamics

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 08:55:05 am »
I agree with what has been said already,  No Arturia - €199 is way too high for VC5 owners,

Same here. Please provide proper AKAI VIP 3.0 support first. Then I will consider.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 09:27:11 am »

Hi,

Drop us a line at sales@arturia.com and we will have a solution for you.

Regards,

Matthieu

vaikl

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 09:45:57 am »
@Matt: How about a solution with a reasonable, transparent price policy for *all* your customers instead of making quiet deals on the phone???

tabor69

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 01:53:22 pm »
Agreed @vaikl. I bought V5 in July. So what is the date limit for this 'secret deal'?

Cheers,
Terje

Empire of Scraps

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 02:15:28 pm »
It's shit like this that is slowly going to take Arturia into the irrelevant category, and it's quite sad. But it also REALLY pisses me off as a loyal customer. First off, $199 for what you are offering with V6 is already a very steep price point for existing customers based on what is included. But come January 10th that $199 turns into $499? That's $499 to go from V5 to V6 for your customers who have ALREADY paid a hefty price for V5?? I am sorry but if that is true then you guys are out of your god damn minds and best be prepared to see a lot of customers walking away. I would love to hear that I am wrong in this because I do enjoy my V5 plugins quite a lot.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines