April 19, 2024, 01:56:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FR: Mod Amount as Modulation Destinations  (Read 4990 times)

Mesmerised

FR: Mod Amount as Modulation Destinations
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:40:29 pm »
I came about the same thing as some other user: I wanted to use the additional LFO as a "classic" modwheel activated vibrato.
But to my amazement you can not do that. Pretty big oversight, if you ask me... (even my Kenton MIDI->CV Interface can do this with my real minimoog!  ;D )

The solution:
Please add the Amount knobs of the Mod matrix slots as Mod destinations.
So I could do MOD1: LFO -> OSC123FM, MOD2: Modwheel -> MOD1-Amount

best regards, Chris

LBH

Re: FR: Mod Amount as Modulation Destinations
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:15:55 pm »
I came about the same thing as some other user: I wanted to use the additional LFO as a "classic" modwheel activated vibrato.
But to my amazement you can not do that. Pretty big oversight, if you ask me... (even my Kenton MIDI->CV Interface can do this with my real minimoog!  ;D )

The solution:
Please add the Amount knobs of the Mod matrix slots as Mod destinations.
So I could do MOD1: LFO -> OSC123FM, MOD2: Modwheel -> MOD1-Amount

best regards, Chris

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

That's allready possible in the modulation matrix.
You can use LFO as a modulator (MOD1 in your example.). And you can modulate both LFO FM (Frequence/ Rate) and LFO AM (Amount/ Depth - MOD2 in your example) using different modulators including the Modwheel like you want.
You can also allready modulate all the OSCs seperately, OSC 1+2 together or all 3 OSCs together in the Matrix.

But quite annoying you have to be sure the Matrix Amount Knobs is'nt set to the value Zero. It's anoying you can't modulate a parameter that's set to Zero. I hope that will be changed in generel in Arturias applications.

Best
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:22:52 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines