April 19, 2024, 07:16:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature Request: Ext/Int Sequencer Sync Option  (Read 3364 times)

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Feature Request: Ext/Int Sequencer Sync Option
« on: December 03, 2017, 12:52:15 pm »
So I was really hoping the last update might have addressed this issue but it absolutely hasn't and it's frustrating and tedious.

I have a computer around but it is not part of my music making setup really. Under normal circumstances I like to drive the MB sequencer from a clock/LFO/whatever coming from my eurorack setup and it works mostly as intended.

That being said, sometimes I want to not plug everything in just have a little jam on the MB sequencer and it would really be useful for the unit to be able to tell that there isn't an external clock coming in and defaulting to the internal clock.

As it stands, I've tried every combination of settings in MCC and it just does not function that way, if I set it to be able to receive an external clock from the gate input, then if I want to just run the internal clock it requires plugging in to a computer to change which rather kills the mood. It's extra annoying sitting looking at the completely redundant internal clock sitting there flashing away but not doing anything and of course the ability to slave the LFO to divisions of it.

The closest I can get to a *workaround* is to patch the MB LFO out to its gate input but obviously that means that the LFO is not useable as a modulation source which on a synth with 1 osc and 1 lfo is a big limitation.

Is this resolvable in any way, it's the one thing that stops the MB from being an ideal synth in my books.

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Feature Request: Ext/Int Sequencer Sync Option
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:33:25 pm »
Since making this post I've picked up a Roland Sh-01a which does this exactly right. Nothing plugged into the external clock input it just does it's own thing using it's internal clock, as soon as you plug in a cable, it knows that it's going to be sent an external stream of triggers and behaves exactly as you'd want it to, advancing the sequencer by 1 step per trigger/gate/clock received.

Motown

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Feature Request: Ext/Int Sequencer Sync Option
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:37:48 pm »
+1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines