April 19, 2024, 12:05:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LFo suddenly stopped Oscillating?  (Read 1726 times)

spyrusthevirus

LFo suddenly stopped Oscillating?
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:32 pm »
My microbrute's LFO just stopped oscillating. It will output a DC voltage, no matter what rate setting I use. The RATE LED is flashing the way it should though.
No i didn't patch it to an output. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary at all.
PLEASE, offer some assistance. The arturia customer support is really bad and doesn't give a damn about it's products.

adrientibi

Re: LFo suddenly stopped Oscillating?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:10:26 pm »
Hello there ! I have exactly the same issue : The led is flashing as it should, perfectly synchronized to the SEQ. as well, except there's no signal/voltage at all outside the LFO. It doesn't apply any oscillation to the pitch by default as well. Could it be a FUSE-related issue ?

Kind regards, A.

adrientibi

Re: LFo suddenly stopped Oscillating?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:35:54 am »
Update :

I managed to fix it myself after checking the schematics from the Hackabrute's website. Indeed, IN MY CASE (maybe not yours, do it at your own risk) after checking the signal path of the LFO wave at different testpoints, I realised that the signal was alive just before entering the LFO amount knob (TP85 is the last test point before that), in my case, the LFO amount potentiometer was dead. Fortunately for us, all the pots on the front board are doubled, which leaves us with three pins (+ the dummy one) that are not used on each pot !

To fix my issue, I simply soldered the following LFO AMT pins together (check attachment) :
- IN1 to IN2
- OUT1 to OUT2
- GND1 to GND2

My MicroBrute's LFO is back from the dead (both PITCH and JACK CV OUT) !!!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:44:08 am by adrientibi »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines