March 28, 2024, 02:00:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Solving Glitches in Multi  (Read 4121 times)

Johnbarnesiii

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Solving Glitches in Multi
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:12:44 pm »
Hi guys,

I created my first Multi preset yesterday, where I set up a split keyboard sound with fuzzy bass in lower notes, and Rhodes piano in higher notes. I specified turn off sustain in the bass, and keep sustain on in the Rhodes.

At first it works fine, however the sustain is very glitchy in the sense that sometimes it won’t sustain at all, then sometimes the sustain won’t turn off even after pedal is pressed. In other words it’s inconsusyent. I’m resorting to having to reload the preset and fiddle with settings to see if sustain will work again.

On top of this, sometimes when I reload the preset, the dialog boxes for the 2 sounds will have this weird vibrating thing happen, as though it’s having trouble calling up the settings for each tone as well as master volume for the Multi.

I'm using Analog Lab in Pro Tools (PT 12.5 on a Mac OS 10.11.6)

Anyone else experience this and if so, what’s a good fix? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:17:21 pm by Johnbarnesiii »

LBH

Re: Solving Glitches in Multi
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:45:43 pm »
Hi,

I  don't use Analog Lab that much yet. But i do have issues on some factory multis. For example the multis that is using Piano V. The sound vanish. Also it look like Matrix sounds can introduce skiped voice problems that should'nt be there.

But some issues may have to do with the way the preset is coded.

What instruments are used for your multis sounds? What factory presets are they, or what factory presets are they created from? Do you have the individual full applications?

Johnbarnesiii

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:50:34 am »
Thanks for the reply. I am using a fuzzy bass sound, I think it’s called Automat or something like that. The second sound is a Rhodes sound, can’t remember the name off-hand but I can check.

Not sure what you mean by ‘individual full applications’? I have the V collection and using Analog Lab 2 inside Pro Tools 13.5.

Let me know if you need more specifics and I can check my rig tomorrow and get back with you. Would love to know what’s causing the glitch and what’s causing the sustain to be inconsistent. Thanks in advance for any help!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:08 pm »
If you have V-Collection 5, the you have the full individual applications.

Automat is a Matrix 12 sound. Matrix 12 don't work well with normal sustain function like you can see i have reported here: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=88716.0
It's possible to create a sustain effect in Matrix 12 modulation matrix by modulating envelopes. That is the normal way to do it in Matrix 12.
As it is now, then if you only switch on the "Sustain" button in Matrix, then you will here no new notes when you have used all avilble voices.
I suggest you look in Matrix 12 forum to see other issues. There for example is a playmode retrigger issue.
I hope Arturia will get all things fixed very soon. I think they allready should have been.

If you by Rhodes mean Stage-73, then i suggest you look in Stage-73 forum. Arturias applications have for example pretty much in generel issues with delay.

To check if your issue is preset specific, i need to know the excact preset. It can be a setting. Specific informations important in generel.

This is what i can add now to my previous post. Like i mentioned, then i too seems to have issues with Analog Lab 2 Multis. It's no good to have to add presets to a multi again everytime you wan't to use it.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 02:56:54 pm »
In addition to my previous post.

Do you by "Rhodes" mean Stage-73 sound?
I have had some time to play using the Multi preset "What a nice wheather" that is using Stage-73.
And yes - the sustain can plop and glitch in the sound in a way it should'nt. It's inconsistent.
I have not exsperienced the sustain it self did'nt work as exspected. But the plop and glitch is an error.

I think Arturia need to have a look at it.

(Also i find the CS-80 sound used in that preset to be very high. I think the CS-80 output has been changed.)

Johnbarnesiii

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 07:26:54 pm »
Ok I checked last night and here are the sounds I’m using:

Lower half of the split is: Squeak Bass (Jup-8 sound)
Upper half of the split is: Old Dirt (Wurli sound)

Both sounds are original stock presets that have not been tweaked. Pls let me know if any more info you need. Thanks!

LBH

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 09:56:06 pm »
I don't recall i know of any sustain pedal issues with Wurli.
I have just tried to create a Multi in Analog Lab 2 using the 2 sound you mention. Then i switched of the sustain for both using the MIDI section in Analog Lab, and then switched it back on for Wurli the same way. I could not reproduce your sustain and glitch issues doing this, in the time i spend. But as there can be issues in other Multies i have tried, including issues there is'nt in the individuel preset, then there can be some kind of issue with Multies.

If you use Multi effects, then have you tried to bypass those?

Have you build you Multi from a factory Multi (if so then which?) - or have you converted a single preset to build a new Multi? If you have used a factory Multi to build from, then try to build one without using a factory Multi.

Are you sure your hardware pedal don't have issues?

I suggest you contact Arturia support directly and be precise of what you have done, and waht the result is.
It's also good if you also post the same here.

(FYI - Wurliter (Wurli) is'nt a Fender Rhodes (Stage-73). They were competitors using two different systems to produce sound.)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines