March 28, 2024, 12:45:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Seq Mod Problems  (Read 1983 times)

BosseCory

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Seq Mod Problems
« on: November 15, 2017, 03:06:07 am »
So I was having some serious problems where my sequencer mod refused to be programmed and would not let me change values, it would only display +/- 0%. I was about to hit send on my technical support case when the timer on my space heater turned it off and the thing started working suddenly.

So apparently the lesson here is, don't put your Brute on the same circuit as your space heater. Because...of all things...the sequencer mod will stop working. Everything else worked, even pre-programmed mod sequences. But new ones could not be entered.

Learn from my mistakes!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:08:32 am by BosseCory »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Don't Starve Your Brute!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:59:18 am »
It's a bug in firmware 1.1.0.73 - so don't worry about your Brute, the heater has not damaged it (although I would keep things like heaters on a different circuit since the thermostat/switching can be quite noisy).

I have established a 100% repeatable pattern to get it working again, if only temporarily: By pressing Record and Play simultaneously it will start working as normal. It may get stuck at +/-0 again after a while, but you just repeat the Record+Play trick and it works again.

BosseCory

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:08:08 am »
Thank you so much! This has been really frustrating and I just discovered it was still doing it, so it's good to know there's a temporary fix and it's a known bug.

EDIT: Looks like I'm having even further issues with this. The Record+Play trick now causes the Seq Mod to SHOW values, but it doesn't hold on to them and keep erasing my input when I move to the next step. This is extremely annoying, as I've got legitimate work that needs to be done on this thing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:12:30 am by BosseCory »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Seq Mod Problems
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 12:45:18 pm »
It's working here - I tested it right now: starting with an init patch, selecting the Ladder for VCO 1, recording some notes, doing the play+rec trick, entering mod values with step button + mod amount knob, assigning SeqMod to Ladder filter cutoff at 100%, setting Ladder resonance high to clearly hear the modulation. This works, and the mod values will stick, also across a save/load cycle. 

(BTW, the bug seem to be consistently triggered by having been in Record mode)

siliconscientist

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 01:54:44 am »
EDIT: Looks like I'm having even further issues with this. The Record+Play trick now causes the Seq Mod to SHOW values, but it doesn't hold on to them and keep erasing my input when I move to the next step.

I got my Matrixbrute last weekend and almost immediately came across the SEQ MOD bug. The problem was exactly like in the quote above but after some experimenting I've found out that the following workaround seems to get the bug out of the way:
1.  press REC+PLAY
2.  stop the sequencer if necessary
3.  initialise the sequencer (PANEL+SEQ).

I haven't tested it for very long so I don't know yet if the bug will return after some time. But for the time being, it works. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines