March 28, 2024, 07:05:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: About the SUB WHEEL  (Read 3601 times)

LBH

About the SUB WHEEL
« on: October 24, 2017, 04:19:11 pm »
When the SUB WHEEL is on, then the MOD Wheel seem to affect the TOUCH RESPONSE settings for the 2 synth/ OSC lines. I think it should only affect the SUB OSC AFTER parameters related to the SUB OSC in the Touch Response/ Sub Osc After section left of the Keyb Control section. Then both Touch Response/ Aftertouch and the Wheel will add to those parameters, but independent from each other, and in a way where the wheel don't affect according to settings of the Synth/ Osc lines Touch Response parameters, but only modulate as the SUN OSC does that.
The effect from the SUB OSC can actually be drowned when using the SUB OSC wheel like it work now.  That make no sense to me, as that's opposite to the exspected effect.

I understand that on the original hardware CS-80 all theese parameters is affected by Touch Response. But the original don't have a SUB OSC Modwheel or modwheel at all. And As the button for the wheel on Arturia CS-80 V3 is named SUB WHEEL, then i would believe it should work only for the SUB OSC parameters. It should be independent and not affect according to the synth/ OSC lines touch response parameters.
Is'nt that the idea?

If the idea is that the wheel should work like touch response/aftertouch in generel for those who don't have aftertouch, then i can understand why it's working like it does. But then it should be called Touch Response or Aftertouch wheel and not Sub Wheel or Sub Osc wheel like it was named in V2.

Personally i think the independent function where it's only affects SUB OSC parameters like the name SUB WHEEL indicate should be the correct behavior to have, as it add a functionality for the SUB OSC when one do have a aftertouch controller, that one should have for CS-80 anyway as that's a part of CS-80s characteristics that made it famous.
Right now it work in a way where it can be quite annoying or useless when one use aftertouch controllers.
So based on this and on the name SUB WHEEL i would call it a fault that the wheel work like aftertouch right now, and should work independent from touch response/ aftertouch.

I suggest it get fixed so the SUB WHEEL only affect SUB OSC parameters left of the Keyb Control section just like the name tell, and like i think it might have worked like in the past.

Based on the above it look like a bug to, that the it work the way it work now.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:39:22 pm by LBH »

LBH

Re: About the SUB WHEEL
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 04:04:24 am »
One can say, that the SUB WHEEL only behave correct as a pure SUB OSC modulation if the Synthesis lines Touch Response After parameters is set to Zero.
That's just plain wrong as i see it.
It should be possible to have the Synthesis lines Touch Response parameters set to positive values without having the MOD WHEEL work like aftertouch for those settings. Else the SUB WHEEL as said above actually is a AFTERTOUCH WHEEL, and it behave as such now.
Perhaps this clarify more.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 12:07:10 pm »
Arturia we have been waiting way to long allready for updates. And then when they finally come, you have not fixed that much.
Why have even such important things like this not been fixed?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 03:08:20 pm »
I had forgot the SUB WHEEL should only be used when you don't use a working aftertouch. The SUBWHEEL work like a substitute for those who don't have aftertouch.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines