March 28, 2024, 08:48:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Switch or preference for changing tempo/rate in whole numbers  (Read 3644 times)

Tripi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Switch or preference for changing tempo/rate in whole numbers
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:20:07 am »
Would love to see a way to have the MB rate knob only change in whole number increments.   Same with following MIDI beat clock.   I rarely work in fractions of a bpm, so this would keep things more accurate and easier than trying to dial in exactly a whole number.   Maybe just holding down the Panel button while turning the Rate knob could snap to whole numbers?

Tripi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Switch or preference for changing tempo/rate in whole numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 08:30:15 pm »
I'm going to bump my own request because, well.... I really could use this feature!

Thanks!

Brutefactor

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 04:02:50 am »
The drumbrute uses whole numbers when turning the rate knob. Holding shift gives fractions. The matrix brute should behave the same way, the most usual case is to set BPM in whole numbers. For fractions a "shift"-key can be hold ( in this case the "Tap"-key)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 05:38:36 pm »
The drumbrute uses whole numbers when turning the rate knob. Holding shift gives fractions. The matrix brute should behave the same way, the most usual case is to set BPM in whole numbers. For fractions a "shift"-key can be hold ( in this case the "Tap"-key)

totally agre

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 05:15:09 pm »
Just making sure that you guys know that there's whole numbers adjustment when you hold TAP - the opposite of what Brutefactor suggested :)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 06:20:38 pm »
Just making sure that you guys know that there's whole numbers adjustment when you hold TAP - the opposite of what Brutefactor suggested :)

Yes of course, but i think it should be the contrary, most of us are using whole numbers every day and decimal once in a while. So a direct access to whole number would be better IMHO.  Of course, this is not a big deal ;-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines