March 29, 2024, 01:21:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: More Sequencer/Arpeggiator Quirks  (Read 1782 times)

BosseCory

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
More Sequencer/Arpeggiator Quirks
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:47:44 pm »
Hey guys!

Been exploring this thing a little deeper and there seems to be some pretty quirky stuff hiding about in this firmware. I was surprised to launch my Matrix Arpeggiator and find some unexpected colours present, along with some unexpected notes. Here's how you can recreate this:

Program a sequence, ideally 16 steps.
Switch from sequencer to arpeggiator.
Now click both buttons to move to the Matrix Arpeggiator.

The Matrix Arpeggiator will now feature pink and red notes instead of just blue, and some bizarre semblance of your sequence is used to transpose the notes in a different way. Touching these weird notes will reset them to normal blue notes, and actually play the intended note. Saving this will not save the exact pattern either. It changes when you reload it. Very weird.

I'm curious if anyone can recreate this on theirs or if its just a quirk of mine. Let me know!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: More Sequencer/Arpeggiator Quirks
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 03:53:00 am »
AFAIK the idea is that when going from Sequencer to Matrix Arpeggiator you shall get the MxArp  initial pattern, and when going from MxArp to sequencer you shall get a sequencer version of the MxArp pattern. However this is bugged, and you can get randomly corrupted MxArp patterns.

In the MxArp, the pink (purple) and red notes are "approach notes", i.e. half a step up and half a step down from the held note. You can enter approach notes by pressing the "<" or ">" buttons in the sequencer control section while holding a note button in the matrix (manual page 47).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines