April 19, 2024, 06:42:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Triggering Keystep Chord mode with BSP  (Read 1833 times)

colinrobot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Triggering Keystep Chord mode with BSP
« on: November 03, 2017, 10:54:22 am »
Hello, newbie to the forum "Hello!!!"
Is it possible to have Keystep in one finger chord mode and trigger it with the BSP from one of the sequence tracks? I've looked all over the net but couldn't find any info on it. Thanks  :)

colinrobot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Triggering Keystep Chord mode with BSP
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:52:41 pm »
Read 144 times and no-one can help? Well it seems you can not trigger Keystep with BSP even with THRU turned on. Shame as would be good to extend the sequencing power of both.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 04:46:35 am »
It is a let-down we can't use an external source to control the Keystep.  Maybe try it the other way around; use the Keystep as your master and control the BSP with it?  You can transpose the BSP via external MIDI.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

colinrobot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:31:43 pm »
Hey Megamarkd Thanks for replying managed a few workarounds since and read a lot (always helps!!lol)  :D

cbmainz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 06:25:59 am »
It is a let-down we can't use an external source to control the Keystep.  Maybe try it the other way around; use the Keystep as your master and control the BSP with it?  You can transpose the BSP via external MIDI.

Actually this was what I wanted to do before I bought a KeyStep, use an external source to control the Keysteps sequencer. I asked this question on super booth 2018 someone from Arturia staff and he said it is possible. Now I have a Keystep and found out that it isn't.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines