March 28, 2024, 09:26:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARP 2600 external audio input?  (Read 4761 times)

bkkjohn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ARP 2600 external audio input?
« on: November 02, 2017, 12:22:05 pm »
How does one input audio from an external source (specifically from a Pro Tools audio track)?

The manual (pg. 56) unhelpfully states only:

"The envelope follower allows the generation of a modulation from an external (or internal) source of audio signal. The (Pre amp.) volume parameter sets the fineness of the envelope follow."

"Try for example to insert an audio signal coming from a drum loop sample to the input of the envelope follower."

Specifically, I want to input external audio to the ring modulator.  The manual implies the preamp out can only be routed to the envelope follower (how, I don't know).

LBH

Re: ARP 2600 external audio input?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 02:12:50 pm »
Can you route audio to a VST instrument in PRO TOOLS? I'm interested in knowing which DAW's that can.
You don't need a VST effect to do so? If you need a VST effect, then it's sadly not avaible. There are different threads about this problem in the forums. This is one: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87542.0

I can't route audio to a VST instrument in my DAW Studio One 3. So i can't use this audio in feature in Arturias VC5 applications. I need a VST effect to do so.

But if you can route audio to the audio in on ARP 2600, then you should be able to pull a connect from the pre-amp out to any input in in ARP 2600 that accepts a audio input signal. This don't seem to be covered or made clear in the manual. The Ring modulator should be able to accept this input with or without going thru the envelope follower.
The Pre Amp out is wired to the Envelope follower by default, and that's mentioned in the manual.
The manuals could sometimes be more clear and cover more in a better way.

bkkjohn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 12:31:42 am »
"How does one input audio from an external source (specifically from a Pro Tools audio track)? "

I got it!  In Pro Tools, on the track that contains the audio to be input to the 2600, create a send to "Track" (or set the track output) and choose the track on which the 2600 is substantiated.  That's it.   When you turn up the preamp gain, the red LED will flash to show audio level.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 01:37:08 pm »
Great. Thanks for reporting.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines