April 27, 2024, 05:32:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Base sound on middle C  (Read 1835 times)

Bob_R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Base sound on middle C
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:25:48 am »
sometimes my matrix starts to make a base sound in the background but only on the middle C key! Even if I change to another patch or preset it is still there and only does it on middle C. I started it up today and it was fine until after about an hour or so then it started to do it again, starting to wonder if there is a bug in the system!

I also found if I turned the sound down on both the Matrix and the mixer I still got the base sound through the speakers it seems to stay at the same level regardless of how the volume is set?

Anybody have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks  Bob   ???
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:36:11 am by Bob_R »
Gear: MatrixBrute, MicroBrute, Korg Kronos 73, Nord Lead 2X, Ableton live 9, Drum Beat, Lexicon MX200, Strymon Big Sky and Mackie Onyx 1620 Mixer plus other bits and pieces

Bob_R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Base sound on middle C
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 09:01:47 am »
Just to add to my previous post when changing between presets the base sound sometimes changed from middle C to second C?
Later I shut down the Matrix for a while and on re starting it there has been no problem and it as been running fine for a couple of hours now!
This as got me puzzled! maybe it's something I am doing while playing around on it?  ???
Gear: MatrixBrute, MicroBrute, Korg Kronos 73, Nord Lead 2X, Ableton live 9, Drum Beat, Lexicon MX200, Strymon Big Sky and Mackie Onyx 1620 Mixer plus other bits and pieces

lumena

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 01:41:49 pm »
I have discovered the same problem on my matrix with a slight difference, the base sound is always present on the D key and above- quite annoying
 and if I move the octave button it changes position on the keyboard.
Example
Octave in 0 position of the note is D above middle C
Octave in -1. position of the note is D one octave higher.

I also have set the Matrix to Panel mode and disconnected all the filters to oscillators 1-3 using Noise only as a sound. The Base sound is still present and also not effected by the filters. This is a serious bug. I am hoping it is a simple fix but it doesn't make me very happy. If moderators are on board here I would love a reply. The Matrix is very new to me and I can still return it if this is an indicator of what I can expect. I have no reason to want a synth that has problems in my studio. ???

lumena

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:17:45 pm »
after a bit of trouble shooting, I made the problem sounds go away.
Steps to cure
1. disconnect all usb from matrix
2. reconnect making sure there is no router in between Matrix and computer
3. Restart Matrix
4. Start Midi manager, check firmware
5. Back to box - poof! all gone - Matrix works as described. Ghost notes are gone.

Conclusion... most likely usb leakage via usb from Ableton either via router or dodgy usb cable. New cable and direct routing seemed to fix problem.

Bob_R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 03:32:36 am »
after a bit of trouble shooting, I made the problem sounds go away.
Steps to cure
1. disconnect all usb from matrix
2. reconnect making sure there is no router in between Matrix and computer
3. Restart Matrix
4. Start Midi manager, check firmware
5. Back to box - poof! all gone - Matrix works as described. Ghost notes are gone.

Conclusion... most likely usb leakage via usb from Ableton either via router or dodgy usb cable. New cable and direct routing seemed to fix problem.

Thanks for that information sounds like it could be my problem I will check it out
 :D

Bob_R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 06:11:59 am »
Hooray!!! I have solved the problem  ;D

I had the matrix on for a while this afternoon and it was fine, later on I opened Ableton live and loaded a set I have been playing recently. As soon as I started to play on the Matrix the base sound on middle C started again. I tried a different set on Ableton and the base sound went away? so I went back to the first set and noticed on one of the clips down at the bottom in the "Mixer Selection" there is a small switch called  "Arm Session Recording" it was highlighted in red which indicated it was active I clicked on it to de activate it and WoW problem gone. I don't know why this affected the Matrix but I'm sure glad the problem is solved.

;D ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines