April 19, 2024, 01:31:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issue with sequence trigger from Ableton  (Read 1500 times)

Bittrexx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Issue with sequence trigger from Ableton
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:59:48 pm »
Hello all - having an issue triggering a sequence from Ableton midi.  For instance am using factory default patch D01, I want to send an elongated E note to trigger the sequence.  With "midi sync" turned off on the MB the sequence plays fine, albeit with the default BPM.  When I turn on "midi sync" to get the BPMs to line up the BPM on the MB changes, though not to the value in Ableton (i.e.: 121.6 when it is supposed to be 115) and the BPM will change randomly... 128...121... 125... etc.

Obviously this isn't usable - any ideas what the issue could be?  If it helps any I am using USB connection.

Bittrexx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Issue with sequence trigger from Ableton
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 01:45:05 pm »
I've been working with Arturia support on this with no luck.  Here is a video I took to show them: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B__GX5gdLu4HZktOVl9JLXlGTlE

The issue seems to be Ableton - BM based, as it works fine when triggered from my BeatStepPro.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Any ideas?  I've tried all the Ableton and BM settings that seem applicable and no luck :(

Kearley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 08:34:19 pm »
I think I've seen the same thing here.  My Ultranova does the same thing with Ableton.    I have no fix for it.. I just avoid MIDI sync on the MB

Have you tried using another software midi clock? (Reaper?)  I might give this a try myself.

minus_ego

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01:28 pm »
I have used MB with REAPER and the tempo display on the Brute will jump around, for instance, if I have tempo from REAPER set at 120, the brute display will jump from 119.8 to 121.2 and so forth.  This does not seem to affect the performance of the sequencer.  It will play at whatever tempo is set.

bobfrode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 12:16:17 pm »
Hi, i have the same issue when syncing with Akai MPC touch S/W. The tempo is all over the place..

regards avr
https://soundcloud.com/bob-frode
gear: matrixbrute, Korg kronos, Korg R3, EnsoniqTS12, MPC Touch with a few soft synths

Bittrexx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 01:23:48 pm »
Thanks all for your replies.  It seems to be an issue with Ableton... if I use the MB as the master it syncs up well.  So if anyone else reads this, if you have issues midi sync'ing from Ableton to MB and have issues just give it up and find another way, it's a dead end waste of time this way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines