September 22, 2018, 05:45:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Blade Runner Blues lead patches  (Read 1589 times)

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Blade Runner Blues lead patches
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:15:29 pm »
I recently completed a demo of my Blade Runner Blues lead patch. I am attaching CS-80V3 sound bank containing the last few versions of the patch, of which 6.2 is the final one (used in the demo).
https://soundcloud.com/paul-schilling/blade-runner-blues-lead-demo

Make sure you have your CS-80V3 updated to the most recent version (right now it is 3.1) if you want to import these

About the patch and demo:
The Blade Runner Blues lead / harmonica patch is one of the most expressive patches Vangelis ever did on the CS-80. Among other things it features sensitive and fine-tuned velocity and aftertouch response, with quite different settings for each of the two synth lines. Since it is not directly derived from the CS-80's preset buttons, as many of his other go-to patches were, and especially because it has so many expressive nuances, it is not a straightforward patch to recreate.

After many hours of fine-tuning every possible parameter on the CS-80V3 and much A/B comparison, this is the closest I have gotten. The pad background was created with the Roland VP-03 strings to emulate Vangelis' gorgeous VP330, and some Rhodes flourishes were added.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:52:04 pm by hermitnerd »

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
Re: Blade Runner Blues lead patches
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 08:48:44 pm »

(remember to apply lots and lots of Big Reverb)  ;D

Omarkum

• Apprentice
Imported patches?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 12:34:27 pm »
I just imported Paul Schillings Blade Runner patches...it said they were successfully imported ..but I cant find where they have been saved. Can anyone help please. Thank you , Martin

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
Re: Imported patches?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 04:55:03 pm »
I just imported Paul Schillings Blade Runner patches...it said they were successfully imported ..but I cant find where they have been saved. Can anyone help please. Thank you , Martin

This usually happens when you try to import the patches with an older version of CS-80V3. Open Arturia Software Center and click Update for the CS-80V. After that it should import ok.

jeffbart

• hi from Redfern Australia
Re: Blade Runner Blues lead patches
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 01:15:01 am »
Bravo!
thanks
jeffrey
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.30, logic 10.4.1
mac Sierra 10.12.6
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq