March 28, 2024, 03:32:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet V2 low rumbling after swords using acid rain patch  (Read 15741 times)

LBH

Re: Prophet V2 low rumbling after swords using acid rain patch
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 05:35:13 pm »
I can't rule out it's the VST in your Bitwig. But i don't have the same issue.
The problem if it is a Prophet V2 issue is Arturia has discontinuet Prophet V2 and no longer develope on the product and unfortunately no longer bugfix either.
Perhaps you can try and download a trial for Prophet V3 to see if that is doing the same thing.

It can be about notes that overlap in a way that make the notes hang. Or perhaps it can be dual notes, Have you checked that?

Do you have the same issue if you start another Bitwig project?

Is Prophet V2 the only plug-in where you have this issue using the same track?

grayster100

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 05:41:53 pm »
just tried v3 and it does the same thing - even if i play one chord then leave space it still does the same ?

LBH

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 05:46:40 pm »
If you only have this issue with Prophet, then i don't know what is going on. It sound like it's easy for you to get this behavior.

May i ask what your computer specs are? CPU and RAM especially. And if it's alaptop or desktop.  What OS do you use?

Are your equiptment updated?

grayster100

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 07:19:52 pm »
iMac - 2.7ghz intel core i5
12 gb ram
sierra 10.12.6

update when updates are available

LBH

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 08:22:14 pm »
To me this is rather strange. I have been giving the inputs i can think of right now. But i assume you have tested it all.

You can try to contact Arturis support. But as said, then Prophet V2 is discontinuet, and i don't think Arturia give support on a trial for V3.
However - i would like to believe, that Arturia is interested in knowing if there are issues with products.
In case Arturia don't read this thread, then perhaps you can point to it, if you contact support.

V3 should run on Sierra. I think Sierra 10.13 have been released, but if that make any difference i don't know. Arturia should know if there have been issues like this with Sierra. But perhaps not with Bitwig, so it's good info if you provide what version of Bitwig you use.
I'm on Windows.

Unless you overload your computer system, then i don't think you should have issues. The specs is more than required. But if you use many things, then it can add up and overload a single CPU core for example.

I hope you find a solution.

Perhaps others know about a solution.

grayster100

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 03:40:45 pm »
have emailed tech support - thanks for all you help - i ll let you know if they fins a solution :)

policenauts

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 08:15:50 pm »
Hey there, did you ever receive an answer on this?  I just got a new computer and am getting the same issue with running the VST in Ableton - Prophet v2 as well.  Driving me insane.

grayster100

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 11:12:17 am »
No they are still looking into it - it also happens in live 9 but it doesn't seem to be as bad I have had to use volume automation to cut it off but its not ideal by any means !!! let me know how you get on !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines