April 25, 2024, 03:45:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep overriding MIDI mappings in control mode  (Read 1414 times)

Itslovelybythesea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep overriding MIDI mappings in control mode
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:22:15 pm »
Hi

I'm trying to use my Beatstep pro in control mode, but when I turn remote on in the midi sync preferences, its overriding mappings which I've made on another controller. I'm also using an APC40 which I want to use as the master controller for triggering loops/tracks/samples etc. and then use the beatstep knobs/pads to control audio effects on the different tracks. Some of the buttons on the APC are mapped to control on/off switches on some of the effects (which I want to keep...) but then when I try to connect the Beatstep it seems to be affecting the mappings for these switches and making them stay off unless I hold the button down?? Connecting the Beatstep also seems to be sending random MIDI Messages to some of the effects (even though its not mapped to them) and then switching things on/off without me even asking it to!! 

Am I missing something in how the MIDI sync should be setup on one or both of the controllers??

Thanks  ;D ;D

Itslovelybythesea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Beatstep overriding MIDI mappings in control mode
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 07:04:56 pm »
All sorted.... Didn't realise that I needed to disable the automatic control surface mapping! As you were  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines