March 28, 2024, 08:57:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Panel Mode not retaining Modulation Matrix Data  (Read 1677 times)

rean1mator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Panel Mode not retaining Modulation Matrix Data
« on: October 20, 2017, 07:39:15 am »
HI All,
Is there any way to retain the Modulation matrix of a preset when switching over to Panel Mode?

I want to be able to adjust all the knobs to the preset settings while in preset mode and then change to Panel mode and further adjust to taste.  However when I swithc over all the modulation data for that preset is gone and the modulation matrix is empty. 

Thanks.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Panel Mode not retaining Modulation Matrix Data
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 03:54:06 pm »
No, there isn't.

May I ask why you want to switch to panel mode after having matched all the knobs anyway?

rean1mator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 06:07:11 pm »
I want to do this because adjusting any of the knobs for vco's or any other setting other than main cutoff knob doesn't affect the sound in Preset mode.  I like to find presets that I like and make additional tweaks to it to taste.  Not having the modulation matrix port over from preset mode to panel mode won't allow me to start making changes from the base preset sound/configurations. 

There's not a way to copy the mod matrix via software midi center? 

Mod matrix makes a huge impact to the overall sound so only adjusting the preset knobs and chaning to panel model, the overall sound will be completely different because mod matrix is empty.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 11:09:31 pm »
I want to do this because adjusting any of the knobs for vco's or any other setting other than main cutoff knob doesn't affect the sound in Preset mode.
All the knobs affect the sound in Preset mode. The effect of the Master Cutoff will often be very apparent, and many of the other knobs may not be. In a given patch, many knobs may not have any effect at all since some sections are usually unused.

There's not a way to copy the mod matrix via software midi center? 
None as of yet. If an editor comes into existence, either by Arturia or from the community, provided the necessary protocols and documentation is released, then this might change.

rean1mator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 12:22:28 am »
weird, i thought that knobs worked in preset mode too, tried multiple times the other day prior to posting this and wasn't working for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines