March 29, 2024, 01:38:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Linking my KL88 to Logic Pro X  (Read 2975 times)

Markp98828

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Linking my KL88 to Logic Pro X
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:00:19 am »
I was hoping beyond hope that my new Keylab 88 would link with my Mac and Logic Pro X with no difficulties.  Now I am able to use it as a MIDI controller, but I would like to be able to use the record, play, and other buttons on the keyboard to control those functions in Logic.  Yes, I am no recording engineer.  I tried walking through the tutorial on the support page where it tells me to go into Logic -->Control surfaces-->Set up...then choose Mackie Designs---Mackie Controls.  Then I am asked to set the output Port and Input port in the Inspector.  The problem here is that the Output Port is designated with this number:  49,274 and the Input Port is 7,000 and both are not selectable or editable!  Furthermore, the Host name is my IPad!!  Sorry but I don't have a clue what all this about...I am just trying to follow the tutorial. 

Anyone out there willing to walk a newbe through the process of linking this new device to Logic?   ??? ??? ???

Markp98828

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Linking my KL88 to Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 02:49:08 am »
Ok...so it seems that in Logic pro, if you want to use...say...the navigation buttons on the KL88 to control your project, it is necessary to click the button "Listen to MMC" in the File-->Project Settings-->Synch--> MIDI.  Whatever MMC is and means, I don't know. 

I can hear all your eyes rolling at my ignorance and lack of experience...that is probably why nobody bothered to offer any help.

I Promise I won't bother you anymore... :'(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines