March 28, 2024, 07:48:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unquantized recording!!! Record the shift.  (Read 8720 times)

redon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Unquantized recording!!! Record the shift.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 04:55:47 pm »
the drum machines of arturia have it! let's port!
+1

whyistherenophonesupport

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 02:17:31 am »
This would be an awesome feature.

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 03:54:41 pm »
Me too for unquantized recording.... or at least more resolution.

wbonx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 06:27:48 pm »
Me too for unquantized recording.... or at least more resolution.

Seems they only care about releasing new average product... too bad, I'm going to sell my BSP

ahollige

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 11:33:08 am »
Yes me too. It's so sad. And I blame those YouTubers convinced me to buy it in the first place. And the gatekeepers on this forum: disgusting. The BSP is crap. It's a wonderful piece of hardware: knobs and pads are quality made but software.... There are so many controls and I find myself navigating through to access the control section. It's not for the live performance at all. Never gonna buy Arturia stuff again.

seierstad

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 10:55:08 pm »
This, and the lack of Midi thru, is the main reason I wouldn't recommend Arturia gear to anyone.

I sent a support request to Arturia to ask how to record unquantized, not og it was possible.

Can someone recommend a decent sequencer?

Has anyone reverse engineered the firmware and fixed these major flaws?
Is there an unofficial forum somewhere whith download links to user-made firmware patches?

What other basic sequencer functions are missing from this so-called "pro" unit?
The last couple og days have been an endless nightmare of missing feature discovery. Now I doubt it can even fill my very amateur live performance requirements.

seierstad

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 11:03:42 pm »
Guys!

It doesn't help to sell your Arturia gear. It just passes the problems and frustration to someone else.

To make a difference we should tell the world our meanings about the BSP in as many forums and gear review sites as possible.

artilect99

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 10:54:17 pm »
So... does anyone know why this was never implemented? It is there in the drumbrute and impact, so obviously they heard people asking for it, but it was never added into the BSP, so I am guessing there is some firm/hardware limitation which prevents it... and before the guy comes back saying step sequencers aren't supposed to be unquantized, what people are really asking for is increased resolution > 8ppqn (32nd note resolution). Since you can nudge notes around by 50% in either direction, obviously there is some internal resolution used by the drum sequencer, and people just want to be able to record directly at that resolution without having to manually shift notes around... so why didn't this ever happen?

pezet

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2020, 05:45:26 pm »
OK. SO, I have literally just registered for the sole purpose of saying that I REALLY, REALLY WANT UNQUANTIZED RECORDING! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Not having this feature, right now, is kind of a deal-breaker for me. I"m about to fall out of love with my BSP.
I've recently found myself wanting to make music, which focuses on groove and feel, and could really use being able to tap in a groove and BSP play it back the way I tapped.
Sure, it might be the case that BSP will have to say ignore a following/second hit if it falls also into the same grid segment. I totally fine with that...just please please implement this feature.
I don't want to have to go back to the PC to record unquantized MIDI.

P.S. I've searched this forum from Google and found multiple posts requesting this feature and on over half of them, there's this user "megamark" trying to be a smart-ass and criticising everyone who request this feature. This is not just unhelpful, but also really annoying.
Let's be adult about it. Some people want features, and some of those features are REALLLLY useful. The unquantized recording is one of the most useful features you can have in a sequencer. You don't have to use it you know? So, let's all chill the beans please :-)

opoloko

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2020, 01:55:50 am »
Absolutely agree, this is an essential function that is sorely missing in a 2020 sequencer!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines