April 16, 2024, 02:44:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is my beatstep pro dead? CDEF always lit, don't seem to output anything  (Read 1330 times)

dcom

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
When I boot it goes into "CONTROL MODE" and all pads are dark except for the ones labeled "C Forward" "D Reverse" "EAlternate" "F Triplet" which are lit. Touching these pads results in no CV triggers and the lights don't change. The other pads react to touch. I tried a firmware update which did not work. I tried a "Hard Reset" by booting with "PRST LINK" + << + >> + "LST STEP" and that did not make a difference. Am I missing something, or should I return this thing?

edit: I've also tried various power supplies, all can supply over 500ma

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Is my beatstep pro dead? CDEF always lit, don't seem to output anything
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:41:13 am »
Hi dcom,
Is your unit working except for these 4 pads?
I tried a firmware update which did not work.
Can you give more explanation about this?

Regards,
Y.

dcom

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 04:54:02 pm »
Yes, the unit works aside from these 4 pads.

Apologies for the confusion about the firmware update- the firmware update completed successfully, I meant to say that updating the firmware did not solve the problem.

Can you answer me this, when the unit is powered on, is there any reason that these 4 pads would be lit in a functional unit?

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:37:45 am »
Can you answer me this, when the unit is powered on, is there any reason that these 4 pads would be lit in a functional unit?
There is no reason I can find for this behavior, in CONTROL MODE, just after powering on the unit, especially if it does it right after a hard reset.
Something may be stucked under those pads, leading the CPU to think they are pushed... Try pulling those pads (gently) towards you to see if the light goes off.

Regards,
Y.

dcom

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:39:01 pm »
I returned it, it became very apparent to me that this was a hardware issue. It started working, then randomly stopped, then 3 lights would be lit, then all 4, it was a mess.

I ordered a new one. I hope the failure rate isn't too bad :(

Thanks for your help.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines