April 18, 2024, 05:26:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sticky knobs  (Read 4394 times)

tyrano

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
sticky knobs
« on: October 13, 2018, 03:00:47 pm »
I got my Microbrute out for the first time in about a year to find that all the knobs have started to feel sticky. It's been sitting on a well aerated shelf untouched.

How can I clean them?

neal beard

• Apprentice
Re: sticky knobs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 03:39:56 pm »
Got the same problem with mine. I bought it pretty soon after they came out... so the coating on the knobs must be starting to degrade...

Wondered if Arturia can supply new sets?

neal beard

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 02:12:26 pm »
Or if anyone out there has had to replace them...

neal beard

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 04:29:37 pm »
Well I bought a set of 1900 Davies knobs from THONK to act as replacements.The pots on the MCB are 6mm D shaped shafts, so they fit perfectly and it now looks GREAT...

Apart from the fact that all the indicators are in the WRONG places!  ::) DOH!

The knobs on the MCB have the indicator at 90 degrees to the D shape. Which is quite unusual...

???

waveforms

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 07:08:52 pm »
I was able to clean the very sticky octave buttons on the MicroBrute using alcohol and a paper towel which completely removed the residue. But be careful because alcohol will also remove the coating and ink on the front panel. I also purchased replacement knobs and wheels but you might be able to carefully clean those too once they are removed.

This link talks about using alcohol or baking soda to remove the sticky residue on the MiniBrute which may be helpful too
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93567.msg174381#msg174381
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 07:04:43 pm by waveforms »

LeeW

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 11:37:01 am »
HI ,
I emailed Arturia as my white Microbrute SE has the "knob rot"; they will sell me replacement knobs. For all 20 knobs it will cost me £75!! and £5 each for the pitch and mod wheels
They will be the same knobs so the issue of sticky knobs will reappear in time on the new knobs.
So not ideal.

I was wondering if the keystep37 knobs fit the micro brute as they are the fully plastic non rubberised type?
Personally I don't care what colour or shape the knobs are as long as i can replace these old ones.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines