March 28, 2024, 01:57:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 breaks again!!!  (Read 2931 times)

DMC63

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab 61 breaks again!!!
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:29:18 pm »
I'm going to try and be cool while typing this. ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!  >:( I bought the keylab 61 a few years back. 'A quality midi controller' so the marketing schpeel rattled out.
This keyboard had had not harsh treatment and has never left it's stand in my studio. Tbh, it's not really been used that much. A while back I noticed one of the white keys was standing higher
Than the rest. I got so pissed off with this that I opened the keyboard up to see what was wrong. (being more than capeable of this job). Ok, lets be honest here, the plastic keyboard
sections that are installed into this keyboard are complete shite! No other way of putting it. Had I known how shite I wouldn't have bothered buying it.Turns out that there's a small plastic
tooth that slots into the underside of the key to stop it rising up beyond a certain point. This has snapped off. Now the only way you could snap this off is if you happen to be pulling your keys
upwards from underneath. Never going to happen unless you're completely retarded. So, I found the bit of plastic and glued it back on. Put the keyboard back together and it was as good as second hand.
That was a few weeks back. Today another of the keys has risen up to say "fuck you asshole' ! I'm so pissed off I could get a train to Arturias HQ and fucking throw it through the window! Which I still may do! >:(

Has anyone else had this happen with their Keylab 61?
Macbook pro 2.4GHz i7. OS 10.9.5 , RME ucx fireface, Logic x, Live9.

retroip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 61 breaks again!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 12:45:56 pm »
Hey mate,
I understand your feeling. I'm still fresh owner of 61 (2-3 weeks) playing a lot, I just found 2 keys with bad velocity responsiveness. So I'm patient for now, and waiting what comes until 3 months, and then I decide if I will repair it by my self or send back and buy some other "cheap" plastic MIDI from different vendor, which will persist 10 yearswithout any problem like my M-audio Oxygen, fully functional, which i bought 13 Years back.
Let's see, I'm still fan of Arturia, despite of these issues.  :-X
Thinkpad SL500 (T9400CPU & SSD), Arturia KeyLab 61 | My engineering of KeyLab 61 with Firmware comparison

AstroFury

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 03:39:35 am »
same here  :-X

the bug looks like a feministic hardcore emanzipation virus as a hatesong.

lets get to arturia and ask they have a feministic woman... girl in theyar company works on updates. that b.....

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:46:03 am by AstroFury »

turbo_kev

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:23:17 pm »
this also happens on the keylab 25  so far iv stuck 5 of the plastic bits back on
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines