April 26, 2024, 06:45:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DrumBrute - Novation Nio - Ableton Setup..  (Read 1709 times)

Sounds

DrumBrute - Novation Nio - Ableton Setup..
« on: October 08, 2017, 12:16:53 pm »
Hello,

I was following the tutorial on setting up the microBrute with an audio interface and Ableton Live,
It kind of refreshed my memory on how i would go about setting up external equipment in Ableton.

So, I plugged in an usb cable into the Brute and then into my laptop, then opened up ableton
I can see the volume graphics in Ableton as the Brout sends the midi notes to the midi track.

I then plugged an old cable into the headphones connector on the Brute and then the other two ends into my novation nio inputs. (red/white)
I couldn't get good sound coming out from the mix out on the Brute, but that's prb down to the cable I'm using.

I opened an audio track in ableton this time and managed to get things setup, i can see the volume control moving in the audio track.
But.. the only way i can hear what's going on is if I plug my headphones into the Nio audio interface.

What do I need to do to hear the sound in my laptop?
I suppose it doesn't really matter as I can hear the brute in the nip now, even if i use effects in ableton.

Just curious what i need to do to get the sound from the laptop rather than the audio interface.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:21:22 pm by Sounds »

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: DrumBrute - Novation Nio - Ableton Setup..
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:41 am »
Hi Sounds,
If you want the music to come out from your laptop's speakers, you need to use your integrated laptop soundcard.

Regards,
Y.

Sounds

Re: DrumBrute - Novation Nio - Ableton Setup..
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:28:22 am »
Yes I got to root it back to my internal sound card in ableton..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines