April 18, 2024, 02:05:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ability to multi select/edit controls in MCC  (Read 1307 times)

ewanuno@gmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ability to multi select/edit controls in MCC
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:28:00 pm »
the MCC editor is quite comprehensive and works well, but editing midi mappings is a bit slow.

the ability to select multiple knobs/pads and edit the parameters for all selected knobs/pads at the same time would save a lot of time.

idealy a "spreadsheet" mode where knobs and values are shown in a table would increase productivity a lot.

also it is impossible to select items in drop down menus by typing their name or number, which would be very handy.

syrupcore

Re: ability to multi select/edit controls in MCC
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 10:10:25 pm »
Ha. I was just dreaming about a spreadsheet mode in another thread. Epic +1. Would make a lot of the editing go much much faster. I've taken to editing the JSON by hand occasionally but the keys are pretty cryptic. Since it is fairly simple structured data though, seems to me a spreadsheet style editor would go perfectly with it. Or an 'import from excel'. :!

Also, +1 to being able to enter values directly instead of picking from a list. By the 5th control, this starts to feel like a total drag. I can definitely understand the desire on the developer's part to make sure only valid information is entered. A select list is fine but being able to, for instance, type '22' in the CC list or "A3" in the note list to jump to that value would be a big boon to productivity.

You can "Copy values to other knobs" by right clicking on the select list. This is handy for getting all of the controls in a similar range so you're not scrolling the select so much. Would love to see something like "Copy all of the settings for this entire control and increment the CC (or note) by 1" to all other controls.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines