March 28, 2024, 07:29:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Insert problems  (Read 3755 times)

Alf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Insert problems
« on: September 24, 2017, 07:24:02 pm »
Hello, I have problems activating the insert. I set up pro tools and my hardware, but it looks like the interface will not send the information. In the Audiofuse Control center panel, in the "Mix Routing" signal input is not observed. I do not know if it is a configuration problem, or the output of the insert.
thanks for the reply

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Insert problems
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:53:05 am »
Hello Alf , and welcome on this board.
sorry you're encountering this issue.
Could you please check the connections on the Unit? if you look at the insert connectors at the back of the AudioFuse, you'll see, from left to right , INSERT 2 and INSERT 1. Could it be that these connections have been inverted?
Sorry for this dumb question, but most of the users who didn't manage to make the inserts work did actually inverted the connections.
Hope it helps,
Looking forward to read you,

best,

Alf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 02:37:14 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, check the connectors; From what I understand, in Pro tools, insert 1 corresponds to inputs 3 and 4, while insert 2, to 5 and 6. Adjust images with audio interface connections and external hardware.
Regards!
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/2972/wQ8gOk.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6258/LTascm.jpg

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 03:17:10 pm »
Hi Alf,

If I understand this correctly you want to use the Inserts to send a track inside your DAW for external processing then to record back the processed signal (as a normal insert point would do).

Unfortunately this workflow is not possible with the AudioFuse. Insert 1 & 2 are hard-wired to the Mic and Line Input. Which mean that they can only be used for tracking and not for mixing (their signal path is only post ADC).

Input 3&4 and Input 5&6 you talked about are used for Line level input (physical input 3&4 at the back of your unit) and Digital SPDIF Input (physical SPDIF Input at the back of your unit).

Regards,

Matthieu

Alf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:10:03 pm »

I understand, thank you very much for your answers!
Is there any form of routing that I recommend to use the external hardware compressor, after recording the audio, in the mixing process inside the DAW?
Regards

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 11:18:14 am »
Hi,

The AudioFuse has not been specified for such use of external analog processing so for me there is no good routing.

But I see on your pictures that the device you want to use has digital I/O (S/PDIF here), so why not use the digital input and ouput of your unit ? That way you could send your signal to your device and record it back into your DAW, but you'll have to stay on the digital world.

Regards,

Matthieu

Alf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 02:05:04 pm »
Thank you very much for your answer.
Regards!

lookah

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 09:03:10 pm »
Hello Matt.  I'm wondering if the external hardware routing you said was not possible with the Audiofuse is instead possible with the Audiofuse Studio?  Perhaps via the Aux Outputs?  If so, can you guide me through creating a hardware insert in pro tools using the AF Studio?  Thanks, Luca

Hi Alf,

If I understand this correctly you want to use the Inserts to send a track inside your DAW for external processing then to record back the processed signal (as a normal insert point would do).

Unfortunately this workflow is not possible with the AudioFuse. Insert 1 & 2 are hard-wired to the Mic and Line Input. Which mean that they can only be used for tracking and not for mixing (their signal path is only post ADC).

Input 3&4 and Input 5&6 you talked about are used for Line level input (physical input 3&4 at the back of your unit) and Digital SPDIF Input (physical SPDIF Input at the back of your unit).

Regards,

Matthieu

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines