March 29, 2024, 03:32:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key noises... :(  (Read 3229 times)

Martyprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Key noises... :(
« on: September 19, 2017, 02:14:56 pm »
I just received my future-ex Keylab Essential 49.

I open it, pretty happy to have it (i'm a professional pianist, but i need light keys due to big hand issues, can't play anymore during a long time on a real piano (i have a midified real acoustic piano).
i have as well some hearing problem who make me hard to handle NOISE ! (suffering from oversentive hearing so i make music very few and with lo volume).

so i open the box, i try the keyboard, no need to plug it... the Black Keys make a noise like Hell ! they hit the "Keybed" ( the plastic part under the keys) and make a hell of a noise ! this issue has been reported by an another customer, so all the keyboards are impacted. the white keys are "ok" and doesn't make noise.

how this could happen ? nobody are disturbed by this ?
nobody during the design of the keyboard or at the check at the manufacturing noticed "this" .

i don't have other solution to send it back to the seller and ask for a refund  :( everything on the paper was great !

- cheap
- for beginner, so light action, perfect for my hands !
- bunch of Daw controller buttons and keys
- the keylab 2 software offered with it !

but.... the keys noise :( ...

is this key noise issue is as well present on the first keyblab serie ? the first one ?

unbeleivable :( the keys make noise louder than the music i'm listening ...

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Key noises... :(
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:08:19 pm »
Hi Martyprod,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Keylab Essential.

First : " so all the keyboards are impacted" : I don't think so, as far as I know we only had one unit with some unwanted plastic noise when pressing keys. We already took care of it.

Is it possible for you to send me a short video of the issue ? If we properly identifed the same issue, your unit is unfortunately defective and your dealer should send you a new one.

However, the best way for you to have a proper support service and troubleshooting is to contact our support services : https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp  They are making an amazing job and they will answer you shortly.

Regards,

Matthieu

Martyprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Key noises... :(
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:48:10 pm »
Hi Martyprod,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Keylab Essential.

First : " so all the keyboards are impacted" : I don't think so, as far as I know we only had one unit with some unwanted plastic noise when pressing keys. We already took care of it.

Is it possible for you to send me a short video of the issue ? If we properly identifed the same issue, your unit is unfortunately defective and your dealer should send you a new one.

However, the best way for you to have a proper support service and troubleshooting is to contact our support services : https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp  They are making an amazing job and they will answer you shortly.

Regards,

Matthieu

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply, i already put the arturia in the box, but didn't send it back yet, so if it's a deffective product that would be good. yes, i filmed the issue to show it to some Pianist / Keyboards friends, and here it is :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg7rag78f1kifqy/Arturia%20Keylab%20Essentiel%20Key%20noise.mp4?dl=0

the keyboard has been bought on french reseller, Woodbrass, i can send it back during 30 days for a complete refund, so i'm ok to wait your answer about this, thanks !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines