March 28, 2024, 07:16:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to use your Keylab Essentialm as a DAW Controller ?  (Read 9245 times)

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
How to use your Keylab Essentialm as a DAW Controller ?
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:52:00 am »
Hello,

Following this link you'll find some step by step tutorial on how to setup your Keylab Essential as a DAW Controller.

https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks

Regards,

Matthieu

Mirmidon

Re: How to use your Keylab Essentialm as a DAW Controller ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 06:40:57 pm »
Missing MOTU Digital Performer

rickydee

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 04:49:49 pm »
Hi,

I'm using Reaper and did the procedure to setup my Keylab Essential 49 into it, it went pretty well and the integration is quite good, I'm very pleased with it for the most part.

However, there is one thing that annoys me, it's about the fact that we have to setup the DAW fader mode to "Jump" instead of default mode "Pickup" to make the faders behave correctly.  While the faders are working well in Jump mode, it's really hard to use them efficiently when you switched back and forth between Analog Lab and Reaper, if you change the faders in Analog Lab then when you return to Reaper as soon as you touch the fader the value jumps suddenly, which is really annoying when you change context frequently.

Do you know if this problem of not being able to use the Pickup mode for the faders in Reaper will be fixed someday? Is it something you have control of, or this is on Reaper's side to fix this bad behavior?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Eric

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 05:09:46 pm »
@rickydee

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Please keep in mind, that this is'nt an official Arturia support forum. Sometimes Arturia answer here, but otherwise you have to contact Arturia support.

I guess this is about Reaper to support the feature.

Regards

rickydee

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 06:23:06 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply LBH, I'll keep that in mind in my next posts.

I will wait and see if I get an answer from Arturia, if not then I'll contact their support directly.

Thanks!

Regards

Pa

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 12:06:35 pm »
Hi Dears,
 I have an Arturia Keylab essentials 49 and I'm desperately trying to map it with Logic proX in order to use the central Jogwheel as if it was the mousse. I would like to use it to scroll in the different menus of the different logic proX windows.(example: moving along the different sounds in the sound library etc..) Is is possible to do it? how? Does someone could help?. Thank you so much !!

Pianoplayah

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 04:40:28 am »
Hey there!

I just hooked up my new KeyLab Essential 88 and am very excited to get going. So far the basic DAW map seems to work well with the mixer controls in Logic Pro X, but I'm having trouble setting up a User map to control things like Smart Controls for individual instruments. Anyone have experience with this? I assumed I'd be able to just select the User 1 Map and start learning controls in Logic, but when I do they don't stay consistent across instruments and they start overriding each other and overriding the original settings. Help please!

Thanks much!

cboshuizen

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 10:18:37 pm »
Cakewalk/Sonar is not listed, and I can't get it to work. Please update!

jayzhead

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 10:05:12 pm »
Cakewalk/Sonar is not listed, and I can't get it to work. Please update!

Switch keyboard to HUI in midi control center, then in Cakewalk add a "Mackie Control" as a control surface and switch it to HUI (beta) in it's settings. Pretty much everything works, all faders and pots and transport, only the transport buttons don't light up.

ed987

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2022, 01:26:09 am »
are all midi controller companies as shitty as this? people have been asking for help with pretty basic stuff,that shouldnt even be an issue,years ago! and theres not even a whisper...why do arturia think this is ok?!
arturia keylab essential 49,nektar impact lx 25+,fl studio,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines