March 29, 2024, 11:49:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved]MIDI mappings in Analog Lab 2 in Cubase wrong and MIDI learn not working  (Read 5162 times)

JulesB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The knob and sliders mappings works in standalone Analog Lab 2, apart from curiously knob 8 which I did a MIDI learn, and now all is fine.
But in Cubase Pro 9, using Analog Lab 2, the mappings are not right. I've added what they are at the end of this message. Unfortunately I seem not able to fix this as the MIDI learn feature in Analog Lab 2 doesn't work when I use it as a VST instrument in Cubase.

Please advise,
Jules

With Keylab Essential selected (default) as input for Analog Lab 2 VST in Cubase on Windows 10
fader 1 -> knob 5
fader 2 ->  knob 2
fader 4 ->  knob 1
knob 1  -> knob 2
knob 2  -> fader 9
knob 3  -> knob 6
knob 4  -> knob 3
knbo 6  -> knob 1
knob 7  -> knob 5
knob 8  -> nothing
knob 9  -> fader 9
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:42:47 pm by Matt Arturia »

JulesB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MIDI mappings in Analog Lab 2 in Cubase wrong and MIDI learn not working
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:01:50 pm »
I have KeyLab Essential knobs and faders working in Cubase in Analog Lab 2 VST by going into MIDI Control Center and changing all the controller numbers by avoiding all those used by the default set up.
For anyone interested, I've attached my MIDI controller config file exported from Analog Lab 2 VST.

Best,
Jules

Martyprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 11:03:19 am »
I have KeyLab Essential knobs and faders working in Cubase in Analog Lab 2 VST by going into MIDI Control Center and changing all the controller numbers by avoiding all those used by the default set up.
For anyone interested, I've attached my MIDI controller config file exported from Analog Lab 2 VST.

Best,
Jules

Hi, thanks for your work ! i don't see where your config file is attached to this message ? (sorry :) )

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 11:34:00 am »
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. This is weird because Keylab Essential encoders and faders are pre-mapped to Analog Lab 2, so you should have nothing to configure.

• Are you correctly in Analog Lab memory on your Keylab Essential ?
  • On Analog Lab 2, on the bottom toolbar, on MIDI Controller, is your Keylab Essential selected ?
  • Is the preset browser on the Keylab Essential is correctly working with feedback on the LCD ?

Regards,

Matthieu
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:36:17 am by Matt Arturia »

JulesB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:02:11 pm »

Best,
Jules

Hi, thanks for your work ! i don't see where your config file is attached to this message ? (sorry :) )

Should be attached now. Can open it in any text editor to see controller number assignments.

JulesB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 05:26:25 pm »
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. This is weird because Keylab Essential encoders and faders are pre-mapped to Analog Lab 2, so you should have nothing to configure.

• Are you correctly in Analog Lab memory on your Keylab Essential ?
  • On Analog Lab 2, on the bottom toolbar, on MIDI Controller, is your Keylab Essential selected ?
  • Is the preset browser on the Keylab Essential is correctly working with feedback on the LCD ?

Regards,

Matthieu

When I move a knob or fader, only these give feedback on the LCD display:
knob 5
fader 3
faders 5-9

As soon as I let go then the LCD display reverts back to "P1 Filter Envelo" as in the diagram

But everything works fine when using Analog Lab 2 as standalone desktop app.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 03:22:15 pm »
Would you be willing to send me one of your Cubase session where you are experiencing the issue ? I do not reproduce on my Cubbase 9. Do you have some kind of specific user mapping that could interferate with the Keylab Essential ?

JulesB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 07:29:43 pm »
Would you be willing to send me one of your Cubase session where you are experiencing the issue ? I do not reproduce on my Cubbase 9. Do you have some kind of specific user mapping that could interferate with the Keylab Essential ?
Thanks, but no session is required. As a test, I have removed all my VST plugins, started Cubase up with an empty project, added a MIDI track and tried to record fader controller messages from my KeyLab Essential. Faders 3, 5-9 worked fine. Faders 1, 2 and 4 recorded no midi information.
Note, I did this after a factory reset to be sure.

Cubase Pro 9 is a fresh install. I don't have user mappings.
Maybe I have a faulty keyboard? Then it doesn't make sense why it works in Analog Lab 2 standalone app?

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 10:50:57 am »
I don't think your unit is faulty since it is working on standalone.

Can you please test this :

• Open a blank session of Cubase 9
  • Create an empty MIDi Track
  • On this MIDI Track, go to MIDI Inserts and add a MIDI Monitor
  • Check every faders one by one and see if Cubase is receiving midi informations (be sure that you are in AL2 Mode on your Keylab)

Regards,

Matthieu

JulesB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 04:26:00 pm »
I don't think your unit is faulty since it is working on standalone.

Can you please test this :

• Open a blank session of Cubase 9
  • Create an empty MIDi Track
  • On this MIDI Track, go to MIDI Inserts and add a MIDI Monitor
  • Check every faders one by one and see if Cubase is receiving midi informations (be sure that you are in AL2 Mode on your Keylab)

Regards,

Matthieu

Thanks Matthieu,

I found the issue! In Devices\Device Setup, I had for Track Quick Controls set to All Midi Inputs. I changed it to No Connections, and now everything works fine in Analog Lab VST. I checked all the faders and knobs on my KeyLab Essential and it works as expected.

Kind regards,
Jules

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 04:42:28 pm »
I'm glad you managed to solve the issue. This could happen to other user so it's good to know how you managed to solve it.

Regards,

Matthieu

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines