April 25, 2024, 09:03:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Setup with Ableton --- PLEASE HELP  (Read 4248 times)

gary coburn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi Setup with Ableton --- PLEASE HELP
« on: September 11, 2017, 01:28:10 pm »
Hi all,

I'm new to the whole midi thing (been producing entirely using digital vst) after purchasing the Drum Brute, which is just the beginning.

The problem I am having is that Ableton is not receiving any midi?

I have routed Drumbrute to my PC via the USB cable. I have also routed the audio directly to my audio interface as I understand that the audio is not generated thru midi, and I can hear the audio from Drumbrute no problem.

I can also see thru the Midi Control Center that this is also receiving a signal when I hit the pad, but again no midi being picked up in Ableton.

I am sure there is a simple answer or some toggle I have missed, cause I have exhausted every option, fiddled with every setting to no avail.

Can someone please explain in simple terms the process/setup the Drumbrute so that it can be a slave to Ableton?

Thanks in advance,
Gary

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Midi Setup with Ableton --- PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:23:07 am »
Hi gary coburn,

You need to close the MCC in order to use the DrumBrute inside Live.

Regards,
Y.

Jei Jon M

Re: Midi Setup with Ableton --- PLEASE HELP
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 10:57:43 pm »
Sure would be helpful if this was stated in the DrumBrute & MCC manuals. They are online manuals. You don't have to call the printer. Just make the change.

Also, the DrumBrute reverts to internal clock once external clock ceases to transmit. This had me a bit perturbed until I found (after finding the solution above) that once you hit start again in Ableton, sync jumps back to external automatically. Why isn't this stated in the online manual?

Also, why would you ask this question to allow a post, when it is unlikely to be known by anyone without special knowledge: "Which two parameters are most commonly found in a filter ? Cutoff and XXXXXXXXX":
It just strikes me as unwelcoming when people are already very frustrated before resorting to the forum in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 02:35:28 pm by Jei Jon M »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines