April 20, 2024, 06:01:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: multiple Beatstep Pro multi BPM start/stop  (Read 2728 times)

iqnyte

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
multiple Beatstep Pro multi BPM start/stop
« on: September 09, 2017, 12:50:02 pm »
Dear Arturia,

I have two 2 Arturia BeatStep Pro and I plan to buy more. But only when the following is possible:

I need one BSP to trigger start/stop for the other, without forcing BPM to be inherited. For example, BSP number one has BPM 30 and BSP number two has BPM 40, and I need to keep the BPM for each individual BSP separate. When I start BSP number one, then BSP number two should start as well, same as for stop.

And all this without the use of a computer. I do not use DAW. Just hardware.

I tried using the MIDI ports with various MIDI junction boxes, with and without MIDI filters such as the MIDI Thru 4/Filter of M-miditech, either through clock in/out or through MIDI in/out, either using grey or black MIDI jacks, and I updated various firmware versions up to 2, and I tried to config MIDI channels and messages, but nothing works the start/stop way I need.

In other words, it seems impossible.

Please update the BSP so that one can trigger start/stop the other without forcing BPM to be inherited by the other BSP.

I need multiple BSPs with each their own BPM to  start/stop simultaneously, without a computer.

Thank you for considering.

Dreadbox NYX, Doepfer Dark Energy II, Novation KS Rack, Waldorf Rocket, Waldorf String, Audiothingies Micromosta, Micro Granny, Korg Volca Bass, Clavia Nord 2 Rack, Boss Dr. Rhythm Dr-3, Arturia KeyStep 2x, Arturia BeatStep Pro 2x, plus a bunch of rev/del pedals and MIDI junctions.

iqnyte

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: multiple Beatstep Pro multi BPM start/stop
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:37:57 pm »
BY THE WAY

As for the clock in/out and MIDI in/out connections, I tried both TS and TRS plugged cables, and even TRS with the R covered with tape.
Dreadbox NYX, Doepfer Dark Energy II, Novation KS Rack, Waldorf Rocket, Waldorf String, Audiothingies Micromosta, Micro Granny, Korg Volca Bass, Clavia Nord 2 Rack, Boss Dr. Rhythm Dr-3, Arturia KeyStep 2x, Arturia BeatStep Pro 2x, plus a bunch of rev/del pedals and MIDI junctions.

mihalw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: multiple Beatstep Pro multi BPM start/stop
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:13:56 pm »
If I understand correctly you need independant 'sync' for clock (to be internal) and start/stop (to be external), which if I'm not mistaken is currently unavailable. Note that with such settings the sequencers would drift in the long term, which may not be a problem depending on your requirments.

As for now you could use the din sync mode, which provides both clock and start/stop, and change the clock using some clock dividers and multipliers. For example by multiplying the clock by 4 and then dividing by 3 you can achive the ratio 30/40 bpm. For reference take a look at this module, which offers both functions (and a lot more) - http://www.bastl-instruments.com/modular/little-nerd/.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines