March 28, 2024, 03:05:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: COLLECTION V 3 WILL NOT REGISTER  (Read 1927 times)

keybored0

COLLECTION V 3 WILL NOT REGISTER
« on: September 09, 2017, 02:00:23 am »
Greetings....I just bought Collection 3 from someone, including serial and unlock codes. My Arturia account on the website says "this product cannot be registered". It does not say it is already registered. I wrote to Arturia and I am waiting for a reply. It seems like a lot of people have problems with this company's software. Why is that?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:56:09 am by keybored0 »

LBH

Re: COLLECTION V 3 WILL NOT REGISTER
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 07:00:01 pm »
Greetings....I just bought Collection 3 from someone, including serial and unlock codes. My Arturia account on the website says "this product cannot be registered". It does not say it is already registered. I wrote to Arturia and I am waiting for a reply. It seems like a lot of people have problems with this company's software. Why is that?
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

For your information in case you don't know.

V-collection 3 is a legacy product.

V-Collection 3 was originally activated with a e-Licenser. Analog Laboratory and Vintage Spark is discontinuet after v-collection 3 and still need e-Licenser. But Arturia don't use e-Licenser anymore.

As far as i recall, then you should be able to activate the rest of the v-collection 3 applications thru Arturia Software Center and update to the latest legacy versions - meaning to the versions before the ones in V-Collection 5. The versions in V-collection 1 to 4 has all been discontinuet - they are unfortunately not maintained anymore.

How do you try to registre?
Another question is which activation codes you have and if they are valid.
Also a question is if your product has been de-activated, unregistred (also from e-Licenser) - and if the product and  license to use the software is transfered to your Arturia account form sellers account. The software can't be registred and activated on two accounts or have two owners. So have seller done all this, as it's sellers and buyers responsibility this is done when it's about a used product?
What to do if you buy a used car without the motor and the legal papers including ownership transfering to get it on the road in a legal and valid manor and so on..?

What Arturia can do for you - or if they can do anything, i can't tell. You need to wait for the answer from Arturia to find out i think. Perhaps there are reasons if it take a while for Arturia to respond?

Did you know all this? I'm only informing you in case you did'nt.
I hope you can use my info, and i hope a solution will be found.
Users can't do anything about accounts, registration and activation.

BTW: Where do you see there are more troubles with Arturia than with other vendors? What research show this? I'm interested in such information. Not to excuse Arturia, as each vendor have an own responsibilty to not have too many issues. But i can find posts on the web from many, that's about many vendors are having issues. Sometimes it's true i believe. But sometimes perhaps it's gossip or trolling of some kind because someonee have read something somewhere and take it as the truth, and spread the word without having any personal exsperience with it. Sometimes it's old solved issues.
I think it's important to be fair, just like it's important that all vendors take responsibility. How the truth is for Arturia i don't know, That's why i'm interested in where i can find the research.

keybored0

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 04:55:29 am »
LBH.... Thank you for your detailed response. There is no way to download ASC for Leopard and Snow Leopard to see if it will activate as you say. I'm assuming I need to register first, which I cannot do on the website. So at the moment I cannot do anything with this software.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:21:26 pm »
Your welcome.

ASC and all other applications can be downloaded here: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals
Legacy products can be reached using the "Show archieves" buttons.
I'm not sure if V-Collection 3 need to be installed as e-Licenser first, but i don't think so.
However you still need all the things i mentioned to be in order to activate the product.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines