April 19, 2024, 04:44:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I have it really easy?  (Read 1491 times)

Soccerman58

Can I have it really easy?
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:14:19 am »
Hi
This is all I want to do -
Step 1: Buy the Matrix 12
Step 2: Connect my old-skool Korg X2 to my computer with an old-skool MIDI-to-USB adapter cable
Step 3: Select a preset in the Matrix
Step 4: Play "Jump."

Can I do that, or is it asking too much? I like the way the Korg feels to play, but I also have a newer USB keyboard (not a dedicated
 MIDI controller).  Maybe using that one would make my life easier. I don't want to trigger drums, play 5 different voices on one keyboard, or turn the lights off when I go to bed with it. I'm an old fart, and if I couldn't understand MIDI 30 years ago, I probably can't understand it now. The only thing that remotely concerns me is retaining touch sensitivity. So I'm probably already snookered, eh?
BTW -  I don't have an iPod, iPad or iAnything. I just have a laptop with Windows 8.1
I appreciate your time - because I really want to do this thing. I've just been frustrated by technology for years.
Thanks
Phil

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: Can I have it really easy?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:43:32 am »
Hey.
This shouldn't be a problem.
Best Regards.
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Can I have it really easy?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:30:14 pm »
Step 4: Play "Jump."

LOL!
That last bit seems to be one of the things on the bucket list of so many synth players who lived through the 80's.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines