April 20, 2024, 11:31:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Set notes on pads and keep them as default  (Read 2943 times)

wavetable808

Set notes on pads and keep them as default
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:27:08 am »
Hi,

I'm sure this one is super easy but I am stumped.

I'd like to set new notes to the pads and keep them as default (as I only use the beastep pro to trigger an old drum machine).

I've tried to set it up in the control centre and it works fine when in controller mode but as soon as I leave control mode to use the beatstep it reverts to the default.
Tried saving etc but still get the same problem.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Set notes on pads and keep them as default
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:16:42 pm »
Unfortunately there is no way to change the default notes for a blank pattern but you can sort of get around that.

Make a sequence in MCC on one of your sequence tracks with the new defaults you want.  Copy that to all the other sequences by dragging and dropping it to each.  Save this with a name you will remember is your new defaults.  Now drag the entire project from the bottom file browser section on the left (the MCC projects browser) to the to section above it (the BSP projects browser).  Now you should have the new "defaults" in your BSP.  When you want to reset your projects, hook up to MCC and drag the "defaults" project up to the BSP again.

Now, I haven't tried this myself and thinking about it, making a sequence with all new default note values will give you a sequence that has a string of (say for the example) E4 notes all triggering on every step.  To over come this, when you start your BSP outside of MCC, turn all the steps off.  The way the BSP works is it remembers he note value assigned to a step when it is turned off so you can mute notes in a sequence on the fly, then bring them back in again without having to reassign the note values.  Now you will have a essentially a blank sequence that will activate an E4 note for each step when unmuted.

Hope this works for you.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

andre99

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:47:22 am »
Thanks megamarkd.

I think I tried that fix you mentioned but without success. I'll try it again when I get a chance.

So, I think at this stage if I need to change notes I have to plug the BSP into a computer and manually change each pad value and keep it plugged in when in use!

andre99

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 06:57:27 am »
I just tried this and it doesn't seem to work.

All I want to do is to change the notes the pads send out of the drum sequencer.
It works in controller mode but as soon as you switch out I lose them.
I know there has to be a way.

Arturia?

Anyone.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 04:01:41 pm »
Hi this is not possible as there are only 3 templates to work from but you can set your own in custom but its only 1 template

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 10:38:50 am »
Hi guys,
Yes it is definitely possible for the Drum Sequencer.

All I want to do is to change the notes the pads send out of the drum sequencer.
You need to change your drum sequencer notes in the MCC, DEVICE SETTINGS Tab -> Drum Map.

Regards,
Y.

wavetable808

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 07:19:35 am »
Thanks.

I've changed the notes in the MCC and created a custom map. I believe you then need to create a custom template which you save and then either drag and drop it or 'store to'  a device project - to send the info to the BSP.

I had it working for about 30 seconds but I'm back to square one. I just cant get the changes across to the BSP.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 09:47:42 am »
Hi wavetable808,
There is no need to save or drag and drop settings done in DEVICE SETTINGS tab. The drum map is to be made there, note in ControllerMap tab.

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines