March 29, 2024, 01:27:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: not working with studio one or sonar platinum  (Read 4478 times)

papawiz

not working with studio one or sonar platinum
« on: September 04, 2017, 09:13:46 am »
hi all
just purchased the keylab 49 essentials, , I have tried the preferences control surfaces on both DAWS, is anyone having this issue, does not work with sonar platinum and studio one professional, ( cant lock the transport controls), HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
also inside the box it says i can get the plugin from UVI:: Concert Piano Model D ( I already have the UVI workstation) but in the instructions from Arturia it says to just punch in the serial number that came with my purchase and ilok ( i have ilok) name and it will work, (IT DOES NOT) every time i punched in my serial number its say it dont exists,
also the download manual is for the keylab 61 essentials not the 49 essentials, is this an issue??
thanx
now it wont work with cubase pro
Wiz

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: not working with studio one or sonar platinum
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:16:07 am »
Hi,

To have the Keylab Essential working in Studio One you just have to set an MCU/HUI device within your DAW. Attached a screenshot on how it should be setup.

Add a Mackie Control device : select DAWIn and DAWOut if you are on Mac, otherwise on PC select MIDIIN2 and MIDIOUT2
    Then to use Analog Lab 2 with no conflicts add a "New Keyboard", select Arturia Keylab Essential on "Receive From" and do not set anything on "Send To".

To be sure that the communication between your DAW and the KLE is fine, just hit play and stop on Studio One and the Keylab Essential should react.

You'll find that Keylab Essential uses 2 Midi port : The first one is for basic MIDI communication and the other one is dedicated to the MCU/HUI protocol.

Keylab Essential's Command Center is indeed not working on Sonar Platinium but I think it's more on their side then ours.
Manual for Keylab Essentiel 49 and 61 are the same.

For your registration issue please contact the support team : https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Matthieu

Jehm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 06:36:51 pm »
Hello Matt..

New owner as well of a Keylab Essential 61 and just followed your instructions step by step in Studio One 3.5.1 (Mac Sierra OS) but still..the keyboard is working (means playing notes is ok..) but the Controls still don't work?..
Did i or you miss something in the steps of the description process?..

Thanks by advance for your help..
Regards,

Jehm

Jehm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 06:54:01 pm »
Ok after a few tests..only the Keyboard of the Keylab Essential is working..when in Studio One i open Analog lab in a instrument Track the controls won't work..i can't change the preset as well..
i must have miss something, but actually i don't really know what's happening..

Thanks for your help..

Jehrm

Jehm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 06:08:04 pm »
Sorry for the mistake yesterday..this should be the right configuration (Screenshot), but still..not working as well..
I'm on the last firmware version of the key lab Essential ..maybe another mistake? (i've searched as well in the manual and didn't find a section about this subject) So i think it will be very nice from Arturia to put some tutorial on line explaining how to activate properly the Daw center control with Keylab Essential on all the compatible DAW (Studio One, Logic X, Protools, Cubase etc..) for my part, the integration of controller is one of the main reason i choose the Keylab Essential..

Thanks by advance and thanks for your help..

Jehm

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 06:17:53 pm »
Hi Jehm,

Some kind of rush here. I'll come back to help you and investigate on your issue tomorrow morning. Strange because you're indeed in the "correct" configuration but it could be because of other reasons. There is no other firmware at the moment then the one we released with the product so you are up to date.

After setting the Mackie Control device with KLE DAW In and Out port what happen if you press play and stop (hit space bar two times) on Studio One ? Do you have any feedback on the KLE ?

As for : "So i think it will be very nice from Arturia to put some tutorial on line explaining how to activate properly the Daw center control with Keylab Essential on all the compatible DAW (Studio One, Logic X, Protools, Cubase etc..)" The FAQ should be online on our website at the end of the week.

Regards,

Matthieu
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:20:19 pm by Matt Arturia »

LBH

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:01:52 pm »
Hi,

Regarding the Keyboard setup in Studio One, then be aware the Filter checkboxes disable functions if the boxes are checked. So keep the boxes unchecked to keep full functionality.

When i set up my older Novation Controller to Studio One i beside a New Keyboard set up use the HUI (Mackie HUI) setup in the Mackie list, and not the Mackie Control setup.

But i think HUI is an old Mackie protocol. If Arturias keyboards can work with the Mackie Control setup in Studio One, then i suppose that setup shall be used.
But as HUI is mentioned in the thread, then i wonder if not it's the HUI setup, that shall be used? Don't know if the Mackie Control setup use the HUI protocol at all. I think it use something called MCU. But i'm not a technician.

Does the Mackie Control setup work for Aturias own setup in Studio One? Just interested.

Jehm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 08:06:32 pm »
Hello again Matt & LBH..

I've made a new Setup with the HUI configuration (and not the Mackie Control) and there it's working! (finally..screenshot for the Studio One users) only the pause and metronome apparently don't work but the rest is ok..thanks a lot for the help and precisions..i guess this setup will still a temporary not complete solution but it's a great help for my future Sessions..
Thanks Matt for the Tutorial Good news..i think a lot of users will be grateful for that..

Good evening, regards..

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 09:33:37 am »
Jehm, do you have the Midi Control Center installed on your system ? If yes, on the Device Settings of the KLE, is DAW Mode is in HUI ? 
If yes that's probably why you didn't managed to get the KLE working in MCU with Studio One. Switch it in Mackie Control and it should works.

Jehm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 09:51:12 pm »
Sorry for the late answer but i've been quite busy lately..so the Mackie Control mode in the Midi control center on my Mac and Keyboard (KLE 61) doesn't work..i had to put the HUI mode back again to have the DAW controls on Studio One 3..

Thanks for the help, i just hope this will be resolve soon..

Good evening, regards,

Jehm
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:53:43 pm by Jehm »

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 10:53:04 am »
Thanks for the help, i just hope this will be resolve soon..

The thing is, for now I do not reproduce the issue neither every other user that are using MCU to this is weird... Can you try with another DAW to see if it's also not working ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines