March 28, 2024, 09:13:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Windows 7 not reading device?  (Read 2782 times)

meegulz

Windows 7 not reading device?
« on: August 31, 2017, 03:23:27 am »
Hi, so I've been trying to get this to work on my desktop and to no end I can't get it to read it. Under devices it has AudioFuse listed as "unspecified" and under playback devices it's not even listed. I have audiofuse control center installed and when I open that it just says "please connect your audiofuse", I tried updating the control center and updating the firmware or w/e, nothing worked. It's hooked up correctly, I know this for fact as I had no problems installing on my Laptop... Not sure what else to do so posting here... any suggestions?

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Windows 7 not reading device?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:19:35 pm »
Hello meegulz,
welcome on this board,
sorry you're encountering this issue.
in the meantime, i saw that you already contacted support, and they answered you already.
to sum it up, please uninstall the audiofuse control center first. Then disconnect your AudioFuse.

then get the last version 1.0.1.68 available here : https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

don't connect your audiofuse yet, first install the Audiofuse Control center, and once everything is installed, connect your unit, it should be ok.

hope it helped,
best,

showy1

Re: Windows 7 bits not reading device?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 07:00:05 am »
hi, there  i just got my new audiofuse interface shipped at home , i had been try to install i could'n made that work is there any way that you could fix this issue im about to return it  back...thanks

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 09:51:54 am »
Hi showy1, and welcome on this board.
Sorry you didn't manage to install the AudioFuse.
Can you please confirm you exactly followed steps mentioned in my reply above?

"to sum it up, please uninstall the audiofuse control center first. Then disconnect your AudioFuse.

then get the last AudioFuse control center version 1.0.1.68 available here : https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

don't connect your audiofuse yet, first install the Audiofuse Control center, and once everything is installed, connect your unit, it should be ok."

hope it helps,
best,

showy1

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 07:35:52 pm »
have done ,this same steps more than twice if is there any other solution i ll would really appreciate...

LBH

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 05:08:25 pm »
Hi,

Sorry if this just is confusing the conversation, but perhaps it can help. Otherwise feel free to delete this post.

Are you having the same issue with the device misplaced?
If so, then the following might help.

I don't own or know AudioFuse.
But i know about this issue with other soundcards on Windows (windows 10 though).
I have had the issue with the soundcard being in the wrong place in Windows device manager like the OP. I solved it by:

1. I would first uninstall AudioFuse Control Center like Germain.Arturia say. I uninstalled my soundcards control center thru Windows Kontrol panel. (There is a windows tool to help uninstall software that's not removed correct, but i would wait with that.)
2. Remove the misplaced device in Windows device manager - using remove device in Windows device manager.
3. Shut down (not restart) the PC.
4. Start the PC.
5. Install everything again (and perhaps restart the PC again). I suppose for Audiofuse this shall be done like Germain.Arturia suggest. (After a uninstall it for some reason sometimes can help to shut down the PC before trying to re-install. SOmetimes it helps doing it after every step. I can imagine it has to do with the registry, but i don't know.)
6. Check in Windows Device manager that the sound device is in the right place.

Sometimes it take more than one try to get it to work. It's strange.

If Audiofuse is being installed the wrong place, then i can imagine there might be something that could work better in the installer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines