April 25, 2024, 02:02:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: external sync (clock OR midi) issue. common or not?  (Read 2052 times)

dajackjack

external sync (clock OR midi) issue. common or not?
« on: August 30, 2017, 06:11:21 pm »
hi, dear beat step pros

i'm counting on you to help me solve an issue with my arturia

i've been using it as a control for my modular rig for about 1 year and 1/2 never a problem. I use ableton as master clock - to arturia (through usb) and from arturia sending cvs, gate, etc to the modular. it's definitley the best machine for this kind of stuff

BUT

a few days ago my ground loop adapter has fuXXed up and not working anymore. in order to get clock from ableton i need to plug it directly laptop - arturia without the adapter. but theres sooooo much humming feedback it ruins all the recordings. so no way can be used without the adapter.

now, i've been trying to use the other external sync options other than USB, like clock or midi. the jack - midi adapters NEVER worked.

and when i try to use the CLOCK inputs (or outputs) the speed of the bpm is always in half. so for instance, I tried to send trigger from the RIM  output of the boutique TR 09 INTO the "clock in". and instead of 120 I get 60. everything i do, i can't seem to change it. ALSO, when I send clock from arturia to the modular, the speed is DOUBLED. WTF MAN !!! i've been trying to find an answer for this for a long time and not 1 person or 1 website helped me.

i will buy another ground loop adapter and use again the usb clock but you can only order it in a cable kit from arturia website, it costs 50 euros (with shipping) and it takes around 2 weeks to get to my home. i need the arturia this weekend for my live gig.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:13:25 pm by dajackjack »

wellwarp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: external sync (clock OR midi) issue. common or not?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:47:13 pm »
Same thing. Can not connect it as a slave not via midi not via clock 8(((

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: external sync (clock OR midi) issue. common or not?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:29:48 am »
Hi guys,
midi adapters NEVER worked
Be aware that there is a MIDI adapter AND a clock adapter. They are NOT interchangeable.

Your clock issue with BPM is linked to the Clock In/Out Settings in the MCC. You are probably in 1PPS. This mode is linked to the BSP Dum Sequencer time division. I don't know what your other gears need to be fed with.

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines