April 20, 2024, 12:28:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No MIDI in stand-alone mode  (Read 3054 times)

MurkyMark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.harmonicappliances.com/
No MIDI in stand-alone mode
« on: August 30, 2017, 12:54:13 am »
 When I run ARP 2600 V stand-alone in Win10 I can't control it from any external MIDI device.

If I go to the Audio MIDI Settings dialog I can see and check on all of my connected USB MIDI devices but none of them work. When I open the Audio MIDI Settings dialog again there are no MIDI Devices checked.

This worked just fine a week or so ago, and still works fine as a Sonar plug-in...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:04:29 am by MurkyMark »

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: No MIDI in stand-alone mode
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:17:51 am »
If you're on windows are you sure you don't have an other application that use those usb midi devices ?
.......testing.......

LBH

Re: No MIDI in stand-alone mode
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 02:06:04 pm »
There have for example been many MIDI and registration issues when updating to Windows 10 Creators update.
I for example had to reconnect my controller to all Arturia stand alone applications.
I actually a couple of times think i could'nt find my controller in the application, but i'm not sure if i just scrolled past it. After a restart of the application and not using wheel to scroll, then the controller was availble.  At least one time i do think the controller was gone until i restarted the application.

Can't remember if the soundcard selection was changed after the update in Arturias applications. But in others it was, so i had to reconnect.

Some software i had to registrate/ activate again after the big Windows 10 update.

Perhaps there is some things to look at regarding windows 10 for developers. The Creators update has clearly affected this areas somehow.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines