April 16, 2024, 03:03:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: the SPARK LE as stand alone master MIDI sync clock for external harware live set  (Read 1607 times)

Papy ion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
hi folks!

I try to make the most of the SPARK LE by trying to integrate it in a configuration "LIVE MACHINES"
Due to the great age and the low number of plug MIDI OUT or THRUE I decided to use the SPARK2 as the main clock and to give the start stop to all the procession!

And here is the caterpillar:

SPARKLE> SPARK2
PC OUT> USB to M-AUDIO VENOM > MIDI to AKAI timbre wolf >MIDI OUT to TX81Z >
                                                                                          >MIDI THRUE to AKAI tomcat > MIDI to ZOOM RT223

SPARK2 is set as MIDI clock SYNC master with MIDI OUTPUT: VENOM MIDI OUT

The Venom is connected to the USB computer and set to MIDI OUT: USB so as to recover the USB MIDI and send it to its MIDI output DIN5

Then both AKAI's Toys are SYNC on EXT to start when the LE sends the start signal.

The midi channels are all different so that no one receives the notes of another because each plays its own score  8)

End of the boring and technical part!  ;D

MIRACLE! I press the [PLAY] button of the SPARKLE and all this little train starts ... BUT, because there is of course a "but", I can not adjust the "midi clock offset" and it sounds like CLEBOOM CLETCHAK CLEBING CLECRACK  ??? The sound of a cinder block in the washing machine!

... then here's my question: does anyone know how i should do to synchronise this elite unit and make them walk at the same pace?

It seems that everything is in the setting of MIDI Out Clock Offset but maybe I missed an episode! Like putting the SARK at the end of the chain  :o but frankly ... I have doubts and I do not see the interest! ;D

In any case it could be better but it is already a good start! I'm looking forward to seeing the possibilities that this will bring to my live!
"Si le problème a une solution, il ne sert à rien de s?inquiéter. Mais s?il n?en a pas, alors s?inquiéter ne change rien."  >quoteman

Papy ion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
hay i'm alone here or what?  :D

just to say that i tryed to simplify and did two tests:

SPARKLE> USB > SPARK2 > USB > TOM CAT

and

TOM CAT  > USB > SPARK2 > USB > SPARKLE

I used the MCC to set five notes and aprpropriate channel of the SPARKLE (exactly the same as the TOM CAT).
and guess what...

(the winner wins a "hey how did you find the answer? " )  ;D

next time i'll try to connect the SPARK and the DRUMBRUTE to see who wins when plugged one in the other!!!
i bet BD will win but nothing's less shure :-[

have a nice DAY DAy Day day ay ai i ... shhh.... (very long reverb with a bit of predelay) ;D

... and fun
"Si le problème a une solution, il ne sert à rien de s?inquiéter. Mais s?il n?en a pas, alors s?inquiéter ne change rien."  >quoteman

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines