March 29, 2024, 02:29:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Assigning MIDI Control to Sub Oscillator VCO  (Read 2457 times)

DezG

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Assigning MIDI Control to Sub Oscillator VCO
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:02:19 pm »
I can't seem to assign Midi Controls to anything. I hit the little Midi Plug symbol to tuen 'Midi Assign On' and all the knobs and faders turn purple. I then select the Sub Oscillator VCO and the Midi Control Setup box opens, but it won't let me change anything. Am I being really dumb and missing something here ???

LBH

Re: Assigning MIDI Control to Sub Oscillator VCO
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:16:27 pm »
I can't seem to assign Midi Controls to anything. I hit the little Midi Plug symbol to tuen 'Midi Assign On' and all the knobs and faders turn purple. I then select the Sub Oscillator VCO and the Midi Control Setup box opens, but it won't let me change anything. Am I being really dumb and missing something here ???
Hi and welcome to Arturai forums.

Are you saying you are moving a control when the Midi learn dialog box is open, but it's not being assigned to the chosen parameter? You can't type a CC number you just need to move the hardware control you wan't to assign to the parameter until you see the parameter moves on the screen.

What control are you trying to assign?
Are you talking about the standalone application or the plug-in? If plug-in, then what DAW are you using?
Are you have Midi learn issues with other applications both Arturias and others?
What controller are you using?
What OS are you using?

All this can be important informations to have.

DezG

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:00:01 pm »
Sorry, I should have provided more info.

I'm running Cubase 6.5 on a Windows 7 PC and using it as a VSTi.

I'm actually moving the mod wheel on my controller, but it's just not registering on any parameter (for the song I'm working on I'm trying to assign my mid wheel to sub oscillated VCO). The dialog box says 'Learnig...' but it's just not picking up any controller I move.

After a bit of investigating I'm getting the same problem on ProphetV too. I'm not having the same  issue on my other non-Arturia VSTi's though.

I will do some more investigating because it was working a week or two ago on a different song I was working on...

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:15:44 pm »
I had a feeling it could be about something like the modwheel.

As you can read in the manual, then modwheel has a reserved MIDI CC. AFAIK it can't be assigned using Midi Learn. The Modwheel is by default assigned to the SUB WHEEL that take effect when it's enabled. Also the modwheel can be assigned to some parameters using the Modulation Matrix.

You should be able to assign for example a hardware controllers knobs or sliders. That don't work either?

You don't mention what controller you use. I can tell that i use a Novation controller, and i have to set it up in my DAW in a speciel way to use Midi learn.
Also in my DAW i have options to map my controller. This mapping also can affect functionality for other usage. So i need to set up my controller in different ways to be able to do it all.

DezG

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 08:52:11 am »
Many thanks for the info LBH. I did some more experimenting last night and guessed the Mod Wheel was reserved (don't know how I missed that in the manual!?!?)

I ended up using a different controller which was ok, but not as convenient as my mod wheel. I'll delve into Cubase as I'm sure I must be able to somehow configure the Mod Wheel to throw out a different controller.

Again...many thanks LBH  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines